I give up! I asking for help

Reaction score
I like a challenge and learning new things. But DJI takes all that away. Somebody please!! I went to the company that makes the equipment and they are not the place to fix or troubleshoot. Equipment P3P same as a lot of frustrated people no connectivity. I probably screwed this one up good. I have followed so many try this try that. If someone is willing to walk me through this issue I promise to pay it forward for sure. I have no connection rc to ac or go app. I have no idea what firmware was last installed on ac or rc. Second hand x mass gift.

OK, so let's start at the beginning.
How long since you last had it all working, a few months?
If not, what happened?
If so, where has it been since then, in a cupboard?
Have you regularly checked the batteries and topped them up when necessary?

Reactions: 10X
Start with the basics. What color lights are flashing on the P3P ?
What color lights do you have on the remote.
How are you trying to connect ?

No connection. Phone or remote ?
P3P has to connection from phone to remote , P3P does not have wifi.
Does the remote link , if not there is a link button hidden on the side by the ultrasonic sensor

OK, so let's start at the beginning.
How long since you last had it all working, a few months?
If not, what happened?
If so, where has it been since then, in a cupboard?
Have you regularly checked the batteries and topped them up when necessary?
never working for me. x-mass gift from mom from a good family friend. He flew it 3-5 times total then parked it for more than a year. I trust him, takes excellent care of his collections. He said last flight was ops normal. My initial mistakes(i think) are after being stored for some time and change of ownership. I have Iphone 8plus he had the 5. I get the go app and disconnect/no camera view. I go straight to the manufacture for answers/troubleshoot. As I would with almost any other tool i own. I started pushing firmware's with no success and it got worse. Im trying to get the ac to write a new log so maybe I can show the issues to someone that i can look up to and learn from my rookie mistakes. What can I do to make this a workflow resolution. I appreciate all help and directional advice.

Start with the basics. What color lights are flashing on the P3P ?
What color lights do you have on the remote.
How are you trying to connect ?

No connection. Phone or remote ?
P3P has to connection from phone to remote , P3P does not have wifi.
Does the remote link , if not there is a link button hidden on the side by the ultrasonic sensor
Leds are solid red front blinking yellow rear/ No link between ac and rc or go app and iphone 8 tried other cords and other device/ tried relinking by button push

Leds are solid red front blinking yellow rear/ No link between ac and rc or go app and iphone 8 tried other cords and other device/ tried relinking by button push
The camera led on gimble does go to steady green now/ the led next to link button is red flashing then solid red

First let me say, while you are working on this, have a small fan blowing on the camera/gimbal board on the aircraft to keep it from overheating. The P3P has a known overheating issue which can destroy the camera gimbal board if the props aren't running for cooling. Flashing yellow on the aircraft means no connection to the remote. The remote and aircraft will need to re linked. This may not be possible at the moment if there is a firmware mismatch. Your phone/tablet must be connected via USB to the remote. If trying different cables does not work, the USB board on the remote may be bad. The firmware on the remote can only be updated using the Go App and you cant do that without a working USB connection between your device and the remote. Some will argue this, but I would first follow the steps to update the FW on the aircraft to the latest version. You do not need the remote for that. Once complete and you solve the USB connection issue and confirm the remote and aircraft have the same FW version, re binding the remote to the aircraft should succeed easily.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
If you see this screen then the remote is NOT communicating with your phone/tablet. You will need to solve the USB issue before you can go any further.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210110-091458_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20210110-091458_DJI GO.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: JoBe
Yes, starting mucking about with the firmware was a BIG mistake! If it worked for your friend there was no firmware issue.
Is the remote controller battery charged, is the drone battery charged?

Have you loaded the DJI GO App (NOT the GO4) onto your iPhone, the 8 should work OK, can you open the program? You will get this screen:
IMG_8443.jpg

When you turn on the remote, do you get 1-4 white battery lights and a RED left hand light. If you do that's all OK.

If you see this screen then your USB connection is working properly, this screen means there is no connection between the remote and aircraft.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210110-094325_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20210110-094325_DJI GO.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 175
Do not get confused about using a fan! That maybe necessary when you are doing a Firmware update although I've never had to use one. You do NOT need a fan while trying to sort out your linking problems!

Have you got the manual for the drone? This is it.

Next step, term a RE SET on the Remote Controller (RC)

With RC OFF, press and hold C1 & C2 at the back of the RC and the SHUTTER BUTTON and hold all three pressed while turning on the RC.

Now try to LINK the RC to the drone, page 28 in the manual.
  1. Turn on the remote controller and connect controller to the mobile device you use to fly with.
  2. Launch DJI GO app.
  3. Turn on the aircraft Intelligent Flight Battery.
4. On remote controller enter “Camera” and tap on the image of a remote controller and five bars.

5. Locate the linking button on the side of the aircraft and press it, it will start blinking.

The Remote Controller Status Indicator will display solid green once the remote controller is successfully linked to the aircraft.

Yes, starting mucking about with the firmware was a BIG mistake! If it worked for your friend there was no firmware issue.
Is the remote controller battery charged, is the drone battery charged?

Have you loaded the DJI GO App (NOT the GO4) onto your iPhone, the 8 should work OK, can you open the program? You will get this screen:View attachment 121163

When you turn on the remote, do you get 1-4 white battery lights and a RED left hand light. If you do that's all OK.
Batteries all up to 90 or better. app is up and How to Connect is only option. Tried the long push on upper rt corner to display firmware current and downgrade option. it pops up with no options just long code. tried getting files from itunes tranfer from GoApp and Litchi all are encrypted or empty.

Do not get confused about using a fan! That maybe necessary when you are doing a Firmware update although I've never had to use one. You do NOT need a fan while trying to sort out your linking problems!

Have you got the manual for the drone? This is it.

Next step, term a RE SET on the Remote Controller (RC)

With RC OFF, press and hold C1 & C2 at the back of the RC and the SHUTTER BUTTON and hold all three pressed while turning on the RC.

Now try to LINK the RC to the drone, page 28 in the manual.
  1. Turn on the remote controller and connect controller to the mobile device you use to fly with.
  2. Launch DJI GO app.
  3. Turn on the aircraft Intelligent Flight Battery.
4. On remote controller enter “Camera” and tap on the image of a remote controller and five bars.

5. Locate the linking button on the side of the aircraft and press it, it will start blinking.

The Remote Controller Status Indicator will display solid green once the remote controller is successfully linked to the aircraft.
sorry do have manual and going todo the reset now.

Due to the added components on the gimbal top (main) board for 4K, the P3P has shown itself to be more susceptible to the overheat issue than the P3A which is what you own. Some have said in fact that the small fan that comes as standard equipment on the P3P gimbal is effectively decorative.

P3Ps have been reported here to have overheated during long or multiple FW updates, using the simulator for too long, or just being powered on too long with no spinning props. For example, people can often have their AC just powered on as they scroll around the app menus for a long time (as people normally do when it’s new to them) or when trying to sort through issues.

I will always recommend to P3P owners that if their AC is powered up for any reason (with no spinning props) and they plan to keep it powered up that way for a while, then use an external fan of some type or risk the all too common “no image transmission.”

Thanks Oso, I stand corrected! Apart from that, nice to know you're lurking in the background while us lot try to sort out these problems. Good experience.

Reactions: Oso
Also, if you put a firmware update file on the SD card, then boot the aircraft up, the aircraft will keep trying to update the firmware everytime you turn it on. When it gets done with the update, power the aircraft off, REMOVE the SD card, then power it up with no SD card and try the linking procedure. I struggled with this a long time on my P3A.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic