I either forgot how, or you can't do this: cache maps

Reaction score
I'm traveling the Turks & Caicos islands Saturday, heading board a dove bot for 7 days with my P4 using Go 4 software.

There will be almost certainly no internet in the area I'll be flying.

Is there a way to pre-cache the google maps for the area before I go?

Thanks in advance

I'm traveling the Turks & Caicos islands Saturday, heading board a dove bot for 7 days with my P4 using Go 4 software.

There will be almost certainly no internet in the area I'll be flying.

Is there a way to pre-cache the google maps for the area before I go?

Thanks in advance
Yes. Now I'm presuming you're using an iPad so open the map on the app on the islands and then press the home button which'll close the app and the map will be cached. I guess there is a similar method for android devices. You'll certainly get some beautiful footage and photos on your trip...enjoy!

Best is to create hotspot at site with your phone and connect your tablet to internet thru it to get the maps of the actual site.

My iPad has cellular+data, I guess I could open the app, without flying, while on the island just before getting onboard the boat ... scroll around a bit and make sure i "see" the entire area and hope that the cache is large enough for it all.

you can in the go4 app - open the app, click the three bars in the top right of the 'white' intro screen and select offline maps - you are then prompted to download the maps you want

HTH

Strange......I get 4 options - Scan QR Code, Academy, Offline Maps and Store

screen.png

iOS version here: I see "Flight records, Academy and Store"

Strangely, I have version 4.0.5 yet the latest is 4.0.6 - yet it's not updating... always has in the past

Last edited:
I'm on Android App V4.05 (213-gp Tablet) and clicking on the icon just above the 'disconnected' shows the flight records - the icon your version duplicates

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4