I [don't] have approval to fly above 500m, but is it possible?

ANS

Reaction score
I have approval from authorities to fly above 500m, but is it possible? I have the latest firmware for P3 Advanced.

(Bonus points if we manage to keep this thread on topic without questioning the OP's abilities/experience/sense of personal responsibility, etc. I won't be flying drunk with a Glock attached to the drone while at an airport or anything - as mentioned above, this is a sanctioned, supervised and approved event.)

Thanks for any thoughts or support!

Reactions: MrTommy
Not much to see at 500m with a 12MP camera, the max height i found that could make nice photos/videos is 250m, anything over that is to high(At least its what i believe...)

Reactions: dtokez
It's not possible to fly over 500m high.

I "think" I read where DJI patched the RTH and keep ascending bug but that's only a hunch. I've not tried it personally.

It must be nice to live in a place where you can get approval to fly over 500M. Safe flights and DO share the pics/video so we can all be envious :)

Reactions: TrevorTron
You won't be getting any pics because the 500m limit is hardwired into the firmware and all workarounds have been patched. DJI also has explained that they will never allow this ability.

I "think" I read where DJI patched the RTH and keep ascending bug but that's only a hunch. I've not tried it personally.

It must be nice to live in a place where you can get approval to fly over 500M. Safe flights and DO share the pics/video so we can all be envious :)

I have approval from authorities to fly above 500m, but is it possible? I have the latest firmware for P3 Advanced.

What authorities have approved this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Again, Litchi used to, but it was referencing an old firmware version that no longer exists. Again, the limit is hardwired into the Phantom. No ways to get around it, and frankly, no reason to ever want to.

Dang, I thought it was 1500m not 1500' lol
I'm new and have only done 301' and was sweating and nervous at that, enough to yell for the wife to come out with her phone to video how scared I was, when the weather breaks I was going to go for 1000' maybe I'll just do 500' now..

(Bonus points if we manage to keep this thread on topic without questioning the OP's abilities/experience/sense of personal responsibility, etc. I won't be flying drunk with a Glock attached to the drone while at an airport or anything - as mentioned above, this is a sanctioned, supervised and approved event.)

How about bonus points if you explain where you are exactly and from whom you got permission to fly above 500m? Sanctioned and supervised? By whom?

Not that I don't believe you. Because, you know... of course I do. Just curious.

Again, Litchi used to, but it was referencing an old firmware version that no longer exists. Again, the limit is hardwired into the Phantom. No ways to get around it, and frankly, no reason to ever want to.

This limit annoys me quite a bit.... for flat lander flying, then yes the 500 meter limit is fine... when you are in mountainous or canyon country I have bounced off that limit a few times and have NOT been able to go high enough to reach my objective.... mind you I was never above 400 AGL, but I was simply maxed out above my take off height. When you follow the contour of a hill or up a canyon this height limit is too easily reached with my projects.

This is one reason I will always have a P2 or one of my other birds flying with a Naza M or other controller that have no such limits.

Reactions: ObiDon and InkyRisk
How about bonus points if you explain where you are exactly and from whom you got permission to fly above 500m? Sanctioned and supervised? By whom?

Not that I don't believe you. Because, you know... of course I do. Just curious.

No explanation needed. It's business of his own, and nobody else needs to know of this, unless of course he feels like sharing this detail.

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.6.0, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.1A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ANS
No explanation needed. It's business of his own, and nobody else needs to know of this, unless of course he feels like sharing this detail.

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.6.0, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.1A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for helping thread stay on topic! And thanks to all for their answers!!

Contact DJI through your authorities to unlock your P3 to fly higher than 500m

And.....that would be BS. Once again, it is hardwired into the firmware on the aircraft. DJI simply doesn't "specially" give you a new aircraft that can do this because you had your "authorities" call. This is nonsense.

Contact DJI through your authorities to unlock your P3 to fly higher than 500m

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20