I did it lost my Standard

You can find instructions for uploading your log here.

I uploaded them meant to say post them on forum. Thanks I think I got it. Shows I had very poor signal. Pilot error as usual I think. Had very bad snow and sun glare glare on my tablet.Couldnt see anything. Looked all over location where it went down but its lost in the snow.
Al

I uploaded them meant to say post them on forum. Thanks I think I got it. Shows I had very poor signal. Pilot error as usual I think. Had very bad snow and sun glare glare on my tablet.Couldnt see anything. Looked all over location where it went down but its lost in the snow.
Al
Your flight record seems to show that the last signal from your Phantom came from above Nira Avenue just before Bellmore Rd.

Your home point was reset to a point in the middle of the Birch/Hilda.Nira/Bellmore block and then it flew a little further away.
Looks like you lost video signal and the Phantom may have RTH to the location where the homepoint was reset. (the green mark here ...
i-CzwSdZR-XL.jpg

I'm guessing you were not familiar with the RTH function and how to initiate it?
Perhaps you reset the home point while trying to initiate RTH?

Did you check if it auto landed at point "O" on this map?

I have been using the RTH but the sun glare and panic I could not see which I hit. I thought I hit RTH but think I hit home point by accident. Going to go knock on my neighbors door.
Al

Out of curiosity how do you figure out that the green dot was the rth spot.
Thanks
Al

Out of curiosity how do you figure out that the green dot was the rth spot
That's where you reset your home point mid-flight.

Left notes in neighbors mail box that a drone might have landed in there yard with a reward. No one was home. Did all 4 houses in front and behind,
Al

well got into the yards under the green dot and no luck. Neighbors were very helpful said they will keep an eye out for it. Chalk another one up to operator error.
Al

A few quick notes:

1) You should initial RTH from the controller, not the tablet (if you can't see well)
2) I'm fairly certain that your drone landed in the green O spot.
3) As others said, my guess it that you tried to initiate RTH from the tablet at spot O since you probably lost video there. Instead of RTH, you set the home point there. The drone actually lost connection at the right side where the trail ends and automatically initiated RTH to the updated home point (O).
4) Try to stay calm in the future. If you can't read the screen due to glare, try turning around to block the sun with your body. Of course a sun shade for the future would help.

Do some searches on target. Last week they were selling brand new DJI Phantom 3 Standards in some locations for $350 on clearance. Most (if not all) of them got snatched up already but you might get lucky.

Expensive lesson lucky for me I got the phantom for 499 on black Friday. I look at it as I'm ahead of the game because I almost bought an advanced. Looking at the green dot which yard does everyone think it might be in. I checked both but will go back. The one with the pool or the one without.
Al

Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in. Found a great deal on another standard. should be here this week.
Al

I'd say the one without, but i'd check both to be sure. Why not drop a note in all the houses in that blocks letter box, someone may have it lying around.
Good idea to put your number on the new one encase it happens again.

After, making sure your bird was calibrated, and all checks, I'm curious were you legal flying over homes, and people when you lost your bird..
Just asking, because I cannot launch In my neibirhood. Or around the parks. I love the fact that pilots take off anywhere they want, but after the new rules after registration, the freedom has been drastically reduced.
Just wondering.
Robert

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks like after you set the last Home Point, something happened, maybe it lost power for some reason and dropped. The reason I say this is because there's no logged trail back to the home point. Maybe it just dropped like a dead duck.

Well I guess I am guilty of flying over the houses. Couldn't resist it was the day after a record snow storm here on the island and wanted some pictures to remember it buy. Not something I normally do. Not sure if there is a specific law against flying over houses where I am but figure reckless endangerment could figure in if someone got hurt. I left notes in all the neghbors houses on that block.
Al

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic