I decided I am going to take the chance.....

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am going to Rome Italy soon and I have decided I am going to capture footage of the Coliseum.

I am going to make use of the Litchi app to plot waypoints and make the flight as quick but yet effective as possible.

Now for the serious footage collectors out there I want to put a challenge out there. I will supply the footage but I am looking to maximise the opportunity so I would like it if you guys that are great at videography set up a waypoint mission via Litchi and I will use it to take the footage. In this way we can have usable footage for everyone to use.

The plan is to take three shoots, one just before sunrise, one at sunset and one at night. My Hotel has a rooftop terrace and I am 500M away from it so we will have at least 15 mins of great footage per shoot. The waypoint missions can be mailed to me.

If interested please notify me.

Thanks

Don't do it! One guy faces a fine of over $100,000 for doing it. Flying drones is in danger of becoming extinct if we violate laws.

Reactions: Numone
Here you go...
Man Arrested for Flying Drone Over Colosseum, Could Face $100K+ Fine
Yes, this was a year ago, so I've just spoken to a friend who lives there and she says since then, more tourist have been arrested, have had their equipment confiscated (that's legal as you've broken their law) and also faced huge fines. Clearly, the Polizia don't pi$$ about, so I suggest you don't either.

You did NOT upset ANYONE.... They are giving YOU Great advice... A drone with a camera is MUCH different than a camera in YOUR hands!
Take the avice ... check into the local regs... Fly safe!

I did a little research for you:

Italy Drone Laws – UAV Systems International

Italy Drone Laws
  • You may not fly your drone over 230 feet
  • You may not fly your drone further than 490 feet horizontally or out of visual line of sight
  • You may not carry dangerous goods on your drone
  • You may not fly your drone over populated areas, gatherings, beaches, national parks, urban areas, infrastructures, railways, highways and industrial plants
  • You must stay at least 8km away from aerodromes
  • You must only fly your drone during daylight
  • Your drone must weigh under 25kg
  • You must keep your drone 50m away from persons/property not under control of the drone operator
  • You must carry third party insurance

Thank you for the research and info. Noted

Even if you fly in rural areas keep in mind there are many 'no fly zones'. Take a look at ENAV map ( a sort of italian FAA ) around Rome, for example. Although is not easy to decrypt, there are not just fiumicino and ciampino ATZ. Big areas like CTR ZONE 1 and the pink area named 'capena' don't allow you to take off, to name but a few

bf612f3ba1c1ebecd8b5dc88fe2c68b3.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20