I crashed my P3....please help

Just looking at the gimbal, I would say your son broke just about everything you can. Without knowing if the Camera itself is okay it would be hard to say how much in dollars. Regards to the body, others can give better advise than I.

Parts for gimbal at fstopLabs, Amazon, or others you can find on this forum. Or just buy a new gimbal from DJI.

The "trick" was a CSC designed to kill the motors.

Many post in the forum that speak to it as part of the DJI manual.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had a similar incident this past weekend. My son broke a prop first then I took over and totally jammed it. I hit "Home" and forgot that it flys high first. Anyway, the gimbal survived, the bushings did not, the camera went past it's usual stop which was an easy fix. I also ripped out the 8-pin ribbon wire. I purchased repair cables, props and bushings from Amazon and the cost was approximately $80, however I will have extra parts just in case I screw up again. I'm sure if I sent it to DJI it would cost quite a bit and none of the "hobby" shops in my section of NJ will work with this drone. Youtube has many videos that explain the tear down and repair. It doesn't look too difficult.
Good luck with your repairs and don't forget about about instructions on Youtube.

Closer view of all the damage makes me think you may want to replace and part out for sale any good stuff to offset the cost.
cd0f2d337cee40bcf670fb055bcbc8df_thumb.jpg

DJI, copter only, no battery, no remote.

Closer view of all the damage makes me think you may be want to replace and part out and sale any good stuff to offset the cost.
cd0f2d337cee40bcf670fb055bcbc8df_thumb.jpg

DJI, copter only, no battery, no remote.

Thank you! Do you have a link for that P3 Adv drone only?

This should take you there.
Buy Phantom 3 Spare Parts | DJI Store

With that kind of impact it is hard to say how many items were damages with just a surface look. Things may be cracked or bent below the surface of what we can see. How is the Battery, bent, dented or any damage beyond it being pristine? Be safe with that part.

Looks like you need landing gear as well. By the looks of it, the damage is so severe that the main control board maybe sheered away from the mounts on the battery box. This is common with hard crashes. It may just be better to take the loss and invest your $ into a new one. Not to be negative, but I repair Phantoms for a living and with the cost of new ones way down in price, it may be the way to go. Good luck.

Well that's a bit of good news. I gave some more thought to you original question of, can you get the parts to fix this, and I want to make sure you know that yes you can. Like cavdetect said, you can fix this.

Parts and a mechanical skill set is all it takes. It really comes down to how you want to get this done.

Options are:
Send it to DJI
Find a local shop for repair
Buy parts and self repair
Buy replacement from DJI, and part out.

One of the issues I have with self repair is DJI's warranty from this point forward. I believe that anything that goes wrong following a self repair would not be covered.

I also personally hate to have less than 100% confidence in what I fly, but I wanted to make sure you have options.

@BlueBird, did you also see the VPS in the zoomed photo.
727df40048236a50f21c469018d04e73_thumb.jpg

Well that's a bit of good news. I gave some more thought to you original question of, can you get the parts to fix this, and I want to make sure you know that yes you can. Like cavdetect said, you can fix this.

Parts and a mechanical skill set is all it takes. It really comes down to how you want to get this done.

Options are:
Send it to DJI
Find a local shop for repair
Buy parts and self repair
Buy replacement from DJI, and part out.

One of the issues I have with self repair is DJI's warranty from this point forward. I believe that anything that goes wrong following a self repair would not be covered.

I also personally hate to have less than 100% confidence in what I fly, but I wanted to make sure you have options.

@BlueBird, did you also see the VPS in the zoomed photo.
727df40048236a50f21c469018d04e73_thumb.jpg

Yes I did. He's got quite a bit of damage there. Just in my experience, I have repairs like this exceed or get close to a new AC depending on which one he has here. Either a P3P or Advanced. I have seen on many occasions that there was damage to the main control board. IMU and other sensors are usually damaged as well.
Sure it could be repaired, but at what cost. You did give him options.
I say if you are technically inclined to take it on yourself, go for it, but like you said, what about the hidden damage.

Agreed!
A costly lesson.
This thread would be a good time to plug for one of msinger's anti CSC gizmos.

Every time I have let someone take the controls I stress over and over about never-ever push both sticks down and out/in, but I digress, full replacement would be (I believe too) the best option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20