I crashed it.

Reaction score
Believing myself to be the exception to the rule I was quite disgruntled when it ploughed into a low hanging tree, I had applied opposite thrust long before the impact with it not happening until it hit the tree, I've logged into healthy drone and can confirm my signal was rated purple for very poor, at the moment of the crash I was about 4 metres away from the drone. What I'm wondering is where do I stand on the situation? Warranty wise.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

Just to add: I have since flown it on the same seemingly undamaged props and it's been fine, no strange noises or behaviour.

Visually it's flawless aside from a small fleck on the inner side at the bottom of the left hand landing gear.

Everything is fully functional by my findings.

Thanks again.

Just to add: I have since flown it on the same seemingly undamaged props and it's been fine, no strange noises or behaviour.

Visually it's flawless aside from a small fleck on the inner side at the bottom of the left hand landing gear.

Everything is fully functional by my findings.

Thanks again.

for the most part these things are pretty tough,

over the last year with several p2 's I put them into a garage door , icy snow, a coconut tree, driveway, regular tree (2x)

replace a few props ,adjust a few things, and they keep on going.
amazing little things

Reactions: wolvesfc
It hit some weak tree branches and then fell about 7-8ft onto wet grass and mud, the only concern I have after checking it over is what caused the fleck in the gear, if it was the camera/gimbal then there might be damage I can't see, it all seemed to be fine afterwards and there was literally no damage to the props. The battery had come about 2mm out of it's housing and needed to be reinserted. I appreciate your response and compared to alot of crashes that I've seen mine appears to be ridiculously mild, in all honesty it's the single most expensive "toy" that I've ever owned and I just want to be sure it's OK.

The flight data confirms my opposite thrust stick input and that the delay for the signal was more than 0.8secs, I was less than 5 metres away at the time so do you think my unit is faulty? I have linked the controller and performed a compass calibration prior to the flight in question.

If it were you would you get it replaced? The supplier has agreed to do this but I bought it on an offer and I'm worried that by the time they've refunded my money that the price will go back up and I'll be left without a drone.

Crying face.

That is not the flight that I crashed on, but it paints a picture of the issues I'm having with signal really well, this was a wide open field with nothing that I could see capable of causing interference.

Thanks

With regards to the obvious signal issues the drone is having, obviously with it having a mild crash I'm concerned they will refuse to replace it. Or am I wrong?

You have some sort of signal issue by looking at Healthydrones. Is the video image solid? what position do you have the antenna in while flying? Are you getting signal warnings while flying? Try another flight. If it is the same with poor signal I would open up the TX and see if the antenna cable fell off or is damaged somehow.

Reactions: RodPad and dirkclod
Thanks for the reply.

The signal warning happens randomly, the aircraft could be a couple of metres away or a few hundred, video gets pixelated quite regularly, sometimes it lasts a couple of minutes and the antenna is at the first locked position if standing up from flat to the casing, I won't open it up until I've heard DJI's opinion on things, I've just finished uploading 1.75Gb of flight data files that I pulled from the aircraft, hopefully they can shed some light on the issue.

Thank you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.