I crashed badly, broken black wire, no GPS, ATTI

Reaction score
Dude I crashed this thing bad!

I reattached the fractured gimbal with some glue I found off this forum. Other than that, the drone is working well BUT it stays of ATTI mode all the time and keeps showing that compass is messed up.

I assume the GPS/ATTI/compass problem is due to the broken black wire. Am I correct? How do I fix it the wire? I tried to splice it but it proved to be difficult- therefore here I am!

THANK YOU!!!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
Yep, the black and grey wire transmit telemetry. It's very hard to solder that small coaxial cable. It's around $20 US. for a new pair. Only the gimbal side is connected. The other side has a round disk that is the antennas. They are glued to the inside of the body. You can connect the new ones outside the drone body to see if that fixed the problem.

Yep, the black and grey wire transmit telemetry. It's very hard to solder that small coaxial cable. It's around $20 US. for a new pair. Only the gimbal side is connected. The other side has a round disk that is the antennas. They are glued to the inside of the body. You can connect the new ones outside the drone body to see if that fixed the problem.

Rootman,

Where do I find the parts to buy AND is their an idiots guide for the black wire replacement?

Rootman, I just flew it and it works without the black wire connected!
Yes it does. The black and grey wires are for telemetry and video feed. You said the black wire was broken. I told you what it was used for, that you can't solder it and how to replace it.
For your other problem, take it to an open field where there are no obstructions and see if you have GPS. If not, take the top of your p3s off and make sure the GPS is plugged in. It could have come loose in your crash.

Don't fly without this cable, because you might fry the transciever. No how 8s probably due to either compass or GPS socket broken in your bird main board. Most likely compass, however it needs an inspection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.