I cant update,help PLEASE

Reaction score
This is long but I'm trying to get all the info to anyone that can help
I'm tying to update to the 1.3.2
I have the 1.9
I KNOW the problem is ,,,I'm a computer IDIOT, but I have watched the youtubes on Downloading new FW to Mac book pro ,installing FW on SD card,updateing the FW to the P3P
I followed this you tube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Downloaded 1.3.2 Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin 95MB on good clean card ,installed card and the P3P went through the beeps 27 minutes later its done and I check the results
And this is what I get

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

So I erase card and start again, but now I cant get it to do the beeping
I dont know but ,(see above,,,computer idiot),,,I think the problem might be when I drag the zip to the SD card it's still a zip. whenever I try to unzip the 95.9 MB file P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin it makes duplicate which reads ,,P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin.cpgz ,, which is about 44MB . I called applecare asking how to unzip these and they said it is unzipped ,the one I want to install is The 44MB .
So I erased the card ,put the 44MB file on the card and then put card back inthe P3P but got nothing.
I just got done flying and it still flys fine

The BIN file needs to be on the root of the memory card. You cannot just drop the ZIP file there.

Reactions: jryser
The BIN file needs to be on the root of the memory card. You cannot just drop the ZIP file there.
Thank You
I asked the applecare guy how to do that but apparently that was beyond him.
Is this what your talking about ? And is the file 44MB or 95MB
    • Mac: If you're on a Mac computer, click on the Finder icon in the left side your Dock. A Finder window will open. On the left, you'll see your SD card listed under Devices. It'll be listed as something like "NO NAME" or "UNTITLED".
  1. Double-click on your SD card to open it. Now you've found the "root level".
    • It's expected to see folders named "DCIM" and "MISC" if you've ever used the SD card in your camera before. If you've formatted your SD card with the computer or its brand-new, you may see nothing at all in the root level.
    • If you need to drag files to the root level of your SD card, this is where you'll put them. Put them next to any folders you see (e.g. DCIM, MISC), not inside them.

What happens when you stick the SD card in there with the BIN? does it upgrade? Mine is currently not upgrading! I've done it before so I know what i'm doing here...seems to be a big bug!

Is there a way to unzip the bin
or just drag it to the root folder?
Which I have done.
upload_2015-8-5_20-52-0.png

What happens when you stick the SD card in there with the BIN? does it upgrade? Mine is currently not upgrading! I've done it before so I know what i'm doing here...seems to be a big bug!
Are you talking to me?
If so,I havent figured anything out:confused:

Did you fix this problem already? Have you formatted your sd card?"...Only storage devices that are formatted for FAT32 and exFAT file systems are supported for aircraft and remote controller firmware updates..."

When you download the firmware you will find 2 files, "how to".pdf and the P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin "folder with a zipper " ... Just drag that file in your sd card... i just updated mine ( p3p) with no problems at all... When I check the results i found this:
" Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

around 20 times, and at the very end of the page another one " Results : success..."

Last edited:
Did you fix this problem already? Have you formatted your sd card?"...Only storage devices that are formatted for FAT32 and exFAT file systems are supported for aircraft and remote controller firmware updates..."

When you download the firmware you will find 2 files, "how to".pdf and the P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin "folder with a zipper " ... Just drag that file in your sd card... i just updated mine ( p3p) with no problems at all... When I check the results i found this:
" Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

around 20 times, and at the very end of the page another one " Results : success..."

No I nave Not figured it out yet.
The only option I could find to format card ion the MAC is ,, Disk Utilities- choose disk-Erase .
I then double click the card and it shows nothing in the card
Is that about right ?
Should I try to formatt card in the P3P ?

Yes I see the same 2 files.
I dragged file to SD but got the

Now when I tried to upgrade firmware again , then put the card in the P3P Start the P3P. I get no beeps,the P3P is just waiting for the controller
You said you upgraded with no problem,but then you also said it took 20 times befor you got success?
Luckly I havent messed anything up and I'm still able to fly

Wait a minute,,I dont know what I did different but it's doing the beeps,which is great except I have to leave in 30 minutes
LOL work can wait. keeping fingers crossed

*The process took around 20-35 minutes ( I'm not sure, I left the phantom in another room ...).*

My steps :

1) Format the SD card with Disk Utility and chose exFAT as the Format option .
2) Drag just the .bin file to the root folder
3) Eject the SD card
4) Insert the Sd card into the Phantom P3
5) Turn the Phantom on and leave him alone for 45 minutes if you want.

NOTE : the process will not start immediately , it may take a minute or 2 to do it. You said " I get no beeps,the P3P is just waiting for the controller..." , that is completely ok, thats the process, it happened to me and i thought "something is wrong " but everything was ok.

The sound is confusing, so have a look at the LED in the front of the gimbal, blinking Green and Red means update in process. Wait till the LED i not blinking anymore and is solid Green.

6) Check the upgrade status , remember : I got the message " The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." Result: Abort." written in the status many many many times but at the bottom i found Status : success.

Last edited:
I'm going through these steps; and i've successfully updated firmware in the past...but the gimbal on the LED is not turning on at all...

I'm getting control of the gimbal for 10 seconds but then it drops...

HELP guys i just turned on my advance now showing DJIGO has it done the updates already now showing( app 2.0.2 ) firmware is (1.2.8+ ) but tablet says update required ITS 22.8.15 IS IT THE NEW UPDATE TY

HELP guys i just turned on my advance now showing DJIGO has it done the updates already now showing( app 2.0.2 ) firmware is (1.2.8+ ) but tablet says update required ITS 22.8.15 IS IT THE NEW UPDATE TY
your sentences(questions are running together here-- hard to decipher what your are asking--- break the questions and facts up and we can try to help. Cheers:):)

Yes. App version 2.0.2 is the newest. But your firmware is old and can be updated

Really, you need to uninstall your app and delete the DJI folder on your phone/tablet. Then go to Play store and reinstall the App. You will have trouble if you don't go through these steps

I have the 1.9
I KNOW the problem is ,,,I'm a computer IDIOT, but I have watched the youtubes on Downloading new FW to Mac book pro ,installing FW on SD card,updateing the FW to the P3P
I followed this you tube
Downloaded 1.3.2 Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin 95MB on good clean card ,installed card and the P3P went through the beeps 27 minutes later its done and I check the results
And this is what I get

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

I dont know but ,(see above,,,computer idiot),,,I think the problem might be when I drag the zip to the SD card it's still a zip. whenever I try to unzip the 95.9 MB file P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin it makes duplicate which reads ,,P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin.cpgz ,, which is about 44MB . I called applecare asking how to unzip these and they said it is unzipped ,the one I want to install is The 44MB .
So I erased the card ,put the 44MB file on the card and then put card back inthe P3P but got nothing.
I have the 1.9
I followed this you tube
And this is what I get

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic