I can't believe this new update and what happened to my P3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Updated to the most recent firmware on my P3P... It said it was successful. Updated my RC... It said it was successful... Took it out on a flight and followed all the proper procedures... It was successful.

**** I know... Not very exciting huh? I feel like all I read on here are horror stories of people who made a pilot error. I updated my firmware and everything worked as expected. Whats the big deal people!!! Reading these forums gives me way more flight anxiety before I take it out each time. I was so scared to take it out on its first flight after the update, I was expecting to turn it on and all of a sudden it just take off and fly back to China. Well guess what? It didn't. It flew as expected.

EDIT: Took out the word Stupid because everyone got their panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
While I'm happy for you your post is pretty ignorant and rude. Not all phantoms act and react alike. And discrediting fellow members is not called for. It's better to be conscious before take offs than nonchalant.
Well I'm sorry if it came off rude... I just think this forum is saturated with all the bad. I'd like to know a ratio of successful flights vs. unexpected errors not caused by pilots. Posts on here make it seem like 1 in every 4 Phantom 3's are lemons and react unexpectedly. What is it in reality? Less than 5% of Phantoms have issues? Greater, smaller?

Let's hope you don't run into any problems and need to look for help on the forum
Jesus, I didn't think people would take this post so offensively. I do use the forum, read about issues people have, and make sure I don't make those mistakes. I'm not trying to alienate myself from the forum. Hell, I only thought there was one way to CSC mid-flight and from reading on here I've realized I can't go 100% in any direction without being paranoid.

I don't think this was rude at all. I appreciate when people post positive experiences because I often feel stressed about different issues that can come up as well. People usually only post when they need help or need to vent. This was just the other side of the picture, that's all.

What difference does it make to you?? Be happy yours is perfect. This is a support and discussion forum.

And if you really must know.. About 100k shipped. Count the bad reports and do the math.

P.s. I'm sure you're phantom is not perfect. No one's is.

I don't see how the original post on here could be seen as any other way than rude and/or demeaning to those who are experiencing issues.

Just because yours works great doesn't mean everyone else who is having issues is an idiot and not doing it right.

I don't think this was rude at all. I appreciate when people post positive experiences because I often feel stressed about different issues that can come up as well. People usually only post when they need help or need to vent. This was just the other side of the picture, that's all.
You don't think belittling members who have real issues with their phantom and blankety calling them stupid is rude? Sheesh.. I'd hate to live in your household.

And I don't have major issues.. Just minor. But I do empathize with the ones that do. This is a support forum. If yours is perfect stay away from here.

Reactions: Lee Taylor
Jesus, I didn't think people would take this post so offensively. I do use the forum, read about issues people have, and make sure I don't make those mistakes. I'm not trying to alienate myself from the forum. Hell, I only thought there was one way to CSC mid-flight and from reading on here I've realized I can't go 100% in any direction without being paranoid.
You are obviously trolling. If you claim you didn't you could have just titled this thread as happy camper or success with my firmware update.. not guess what happened to me. You are taking up space of threads that offer value.

I don't see how the original post on here could be seen as any other way than rude and/or demeaning to those who are experiencing issues.

Just because yours works great doesn't mean everyone else who is having issues is an idiot and not doing it right.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word Stupid. I am always very interested to read about a Phantom that flipped out and the flight log showing it flipped out. Usually, when it is found out what the issue is, it is pilot error. Mid-flight CSC, Flying without line of sight or on the other side of a solid object. Those are Pilot errors.

Any time anyone posts anything positive about their P3 or DJI they get their *** jumped all over. Its pathetic people! The only reason this post would sound demeaning to anyone is if they were one of the people that did something stupid, and they KNOW they did something stupid. Guilt cant be created, its just disbursed to those that ask for it.

True, all Phantoms aren't created equally for some reason. And everyone has varying experiences from DJI, but jumping down the throat and making ignorant responses to those that DIDN'T have bad experiences only shows jealousy, not intelligence!

You are obviously trolling. If you claim you didn't you could have just titled this thread as happy camper or success with my firmware update.. not guess what happened to me. You are taking up space of threads that offer value.
It was my BuzzFeed inspired title.... Quit feeding the troll if you have an issue. Some of you people on here are pretty harsh towards new members. ^^^^What's a CSC? Oh **** off. Nice help.

Whats the big deal people!!!
People's big deal is they are suffering problems with their phantom and are either frustrated or worried. Your non post is quite insulting to them and not in very good spirit. I think it best that people don't comment on this post so it can disappear otherwise I can see it getting into a stupid bitchfest.

Reactions: RyanK and leekiya
People's big deal is they are suffering problems with their phantom and are either frustrated or worried. Your non post is quite insulting to them and not in very good spirit. I think it best that people don't comment on this post so it can disappear otherwise I can see it getting into a stupid bitchfest.

The first response started the bitchfest! Its amazing that those WITH problems can so tied up in crying about it that those whom DONT have issues should be silenced. Grow the fluck up!

Reactions: RiZe-TommyGun
And this is coming from someone who joined the forums the other day... Oh the horror.

And this is coming from someone who joined the forums the other day... Oh the horror.
I lurked for quite some time before creating an account. Anyways, what I was getting at is there are few happy threads on this forum. I suppose this one is no exception. Sorry I've enjoyed my Phantom. When the time comes that it randomly falls out of the sky (because that is what this forum has led me to believe) I'm sure I'll be asking for help and posting flight logs. If it's my own fault, I'll own up to it.

Aside from the poor choice of words I think what the OP was getting at is if you spend a lot of time reading the forum prior to getting your P3 you could easily come to the conclusion that the P3 is chock full of problems, which is surly not the case. Many of the reported issues are from totally new owners that either failed to read and learn because of an excited rush to get in the air, or a case of lazy expectation that the bird was RTF without any preparation. The statement that "not all pP3's act alike" is in my opinion incorrect, all P3's do act alike, same equipment, same firmware, same option and sensors, what is NOT alike are the pilots, some are meticulous in their UAV education and prep, with a checklist and regular pre-flights, and some are not. those who are not tend to have more issues. This fact is proven over and over by dozens of questions that are clearly answered in the manual, so if your are asking it is apparent you did not read it for one reason or another. The OP was just surprised that after reading all of the doom and gloom his P3 acted as he expected with no drama. Heck, I even check my motor screws after every 10 flights as part of my maintenance schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.