I bought my P3P 5 months ago, but I'm still being charged for a repair?

Reaction score
Pretty simple here. My DJI P3P was bought brand new directly from DJI late May 2015. I had the dreaded 'no signal"/no video feed issue since the firmware update. I used different Android and iOS devices, and tried to troubleshoot it without luck so I sent it in about 2 weeks ago for a warranty repair. The website says the main parts are covered for 6 months. It hasn't even been 5 months since I purchased.

I get an eMail last week with an invoice of $249 for the camera/gimbal and $2 for a landing gear, and I had 7 business days to pay otherwise they'd just send it back unrepaired. Why?!? They never even stated the diagnosis or why I'm being invoiced. It was never crashed. There are no scratches or cracks. It's hardly seen any use. The warranty should cover this issue. I don't understand why I would have to pay $251 for faulty software/hardware (or a combination of both.) I thought the $1250 price tag would cover me for at least 6 months if anything like this went wrong.

I called and emailed DJI. The lady at the Los Angeles service center told me she'd save my info and tell someone to get back to me. A week later I called back and spoke to the same lady, and she told me that the repair staff communicates strictly through email and not over the phone, so I'd just have to wait for them to respond to my email.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get some help? I'm running out of options here and remain grounded. Thanks!

It sounds like you need to call the lady back again to follow up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers