I am trying to wrap my head around FPS. When should I shoot in 120FPS, 48, or 30FPs?

I am researching same question right now. I've gone out and shot clips of 4K 24, 1080 P 24, and 1080 P 60 FPS. I'll be damned if I can really tell a difference in any of these clips. I realize that some people may be OCD or have professional needs, but I'm just using them to show on my 60 inch LG ,that is set for 1080 P, purely a fun toy application. So I'm not gonna worry too much about which setting to use. I've got a 64 GB SD card so length is not the problem. The only advantage I can see the shooting 1080 P 24 is the file size is a lot less, so it loads on YouTube or other media quicker. Just my opinion, I'm sure other people feel differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: clifford88888888
I'm wanting to experiment with 1080 at 120fps for some ultra slow motion. My only worry is the tighter angle and I won't be able to catch all the action.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am researching same question right now. I've gone out and shot clips of 4K 24, 1080 P 24, and 1080 P 60 FPS. I'll be damned if I can really tell a difference in any of these clips. I realize that some people may be OCD or have professional needs, but I'm just using them to show on my 60 inch LG ,that is set for 1080 P, purely a fun toy application. So I'm not gonna worry too much about which setting to use. I've got a 64 GB SD card so length is not the problem. The only advantage I can see the shooting 1080 P 24 is the file size is a lot less, so it loads on YouTube or other media quicker. Just my opinion, I'm sure other people feel differently.

Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As long as you have a way to edit anything and space is not an issue, then I prefer to shoot video in the best resolution possible with the highest fps possible. For youtube and other means of sharing you can always "dumb down" the video.

There are programs out there that you can slow your video down and even make it go in reverse so on the final cut you can make some amazing films

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20