I am going to update the firmware.....

Reaction score
but I would like to see what version on the phantom I have first, I have searched the previous threads, and for the life of me I cannot see how to do it?

There is mention of a 'cog' but can't see this 'cog' on the go app.

I can see I have updated the go app to the latest version and it says I need to update the craft and my batteries so it must be an older version

any ideas folks?

Power up your Phantom, connect everything & open the Go app. Enter Camera, go to main settings, scroll down & click "About." It will show you the version of aircraft, controller, & app you are currently running.

but I would like to see what version on the phantom I have first, I have searched the previous threads, and for the life of me I cannot see how to do it?

I can see I have updated the go app to the latest version and it says I need to update the craft and my batteries so it must be an older version

any ideas folks?

any ideas folks?
Just in case you can't find the "about" screen, I found this video in one of the first results when I searched just now. Maybe it will help. Good luck sir.
Professional - Here's How to check your Current Firmware Version | DJI Phantom Forum

ahhh thank you I went there or at least I thought I did 1.4 firmware

Yeh stay where u are. I'm still at 1.3.5
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452531662.499766.jpg

well there are pro's and con's to both arguments I guess, and yes my P3P is/was flying good (if this changes I will let u know - lol), but I have always updated my tech a short while after an update, both on my 'toys' and on the work tech (wide format printers, PC drivers, phone IOS etc etc) and touch wood never had any issues, so I thought hey what the hell I have only had 30 shortish flights to date and I want my kit to behave as intended by DJI even if that does incur some restrictions which from what I can tell is not going to effect myself, why do you wanna fly 20 miles away and 10,000ft in the air?

anyways enough rambling, I will let you know what happens

thank you again folks

Don't install the update. DJI is going to implement geofencing and guarantee that these updates are sneaking in stuff.

Basically. By hear things are going to be neutered soon.

It's much worse then you think. You could be in a spot where ta "grounded" and not even know it . Until y update.

well there are pro's and con's to both arguments I guess, and yes my P3P is/was flying good (if this changes I will let u know - lol), but I have always updated my tech a short while after an update, both on my 'toys' and on the work tech (wide format printers, PC drivers, phone IOS etc etc) and touch wood never had any issues, so I thought hey what the hell I have only had 30 shortish flights to date and I want my kit to behave as intended by DJI even if that does incur some restrictions which from what I can tell is not going to effect myself, why do you wanna fly 20 miles away and 10,000ft in the air?

thank you again folks

this geofencing what are the FACTS? anyone actually know 100% for sure?

thank you again folks
Don't be surprised if other things you don't want pop up after upgrading. I am still at 1.3.20 and have no intentions on updating. In the end do what you want to do but realize once you go too far forward there is no going back. The reason I don't update my firmware is because I have had no issues in flight characteristics and especially no battery issues, no matter what temp. I fly in. Seems that the battery issue popped up after 1.4. So just a heads up, think about it before going forward.

I keep my firmware zip files on my harddrive. Would I not be able to replace one I don't like with a previous version?

Well the deed has been done! I am going to re-calibrate everything now, the phantom is outside cooling down in preparation of an IMU calibration, the RC is done 100% success will have to wait until tomorrow to calibrate the compass as its dark now and I don't wanna fly at night yet.

Okay Dokey I killed 2 birds with one stone, test the firmware and my first ever night flight (cue sucking of air through teeth) :):)

I only flew 30ft upwards lol so calm down hehehehe I wanted to take a few pics of my house covered in christmas lights before I took them down flew at a few feet around the garden nothing too much ran the drone for 15 mins

so what did I notice?

1: Well there seems to be a tiny wobble that I had not noticed before
2: The dji lady said atti mode a few times before take off not done that before, and I calibrated the compass
3: The settings menu for the camera seems a little screwed up? I couldn't change the shutter speed or the exposure time from anything more than 5 seconds?
4: And the worst when I landed so softly and carefully it was prolly my best ever landing as the motors stop it seems to tip over backwards no damage but quite odd

so there ya go my finding so far

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj