I accidently crashed my Phantom 2 can I ask for a new one?

Reaction score
I was flying my DJI phantom 2 and then my camera froze for no reason and before I realize it hit a tree, fell and broke. So guys please help will I apply for a a replacement I bought it 3 weeks ago for christmas. thanks

Re: I accidently crashed my Phantom 2 can I ask for a new o

Chris Willis said:
I was flying my DJI phantom 2 and then my camera froze for no reason and before I realize it hit a tree, fell and broke. So guys please help will I apply for a a replacement I bought it 3 weeks ago for christmas. thanks

You can ASK... But, I doubt you'll get it. You can't count on FPV to fly, you need to keep LOS and fly looking at the bird. FPV is really meant to help you line up the camera shot.

What's broken?

one of the LED lights indicators and 2 propellers.

Chris Willis said:

If that's all, you came out pretty well for hitting a tree. Was it just the clear plastic part that covers the lights? You can order nearly any part online and fix it up yourself. Nearly all of us crash sooner or later so so there is a youtube video available for advice on how to fix nearly everything. When you buy propellers, you might want to get an extra set to have on hand.

Why would you think that they would give you a new one?

Nope. There is no way they will replace it for free.

You're better off repairing it. There are some good repair shops listed at the bottom of www.PhantomHelp.com.

Chris Willis said:

If the led cover broke off you may have damaged the ESC module as the module holds that cover in place. Best to open it up to see what damage might have been done. Once you've repaired it do a complete calibration including the advance IMU before ant test flights.

Chris Willis said:

If you crash your shiny new car into a tree will you also expect Ford to provide you with a replacement? No, I thought not.

You have what sounds like an easy fix. Does that motor operate okay? Does the LED illuminate under the broken cover? Do you get all green? If so, replace the rotors and order a new L.E.D. Cover. This won't qualify for a new replacement.

PhantomFanatic said:
You have what sounds like an easy fix. Does that motor operate okay? Does the LED illuminate under the broken cover? Do you get all green? If so, replace the rotors and order a new L.E.D. Cover. This won't qualify for a new replacement.

Have you ever replace a motor or ESC board? if you have then you know there are two screws through the ESC board that hold the LED cover in place. So if that cover is broken there is go chance the ESC board is to.

only way your going to get a replacement on it from a crash is if you bought it with extra warranty and accident coverage like from amazon. Then if so then YES you will get a replacement no matter what you did. OR some times if you paid by credit card some cards offer damage or lose coverage for a certain amount of time.
But if not. Then your on your own.
BUT it sounds like you jared some of the leds off the bottom of the escs and they esp on the p2s seem to come off real easy in a crash being they are not soldered to the board and only stuck on with conductive glue. I have on thats lose on my p2v that happened right after replacing the very same esc. and just landing a bit hard. so now some times that arm gives me a wrong color led then it should and some times I get no leds out of the leg but other wise I'm not going to bother even fixing it being it dont have any thing to do with the function of the esc or the motors other then being on the bottom of the esc and its only function is to give me some status of conditions or know the back from the front which still works being the other arms led still works an shows me the right colors.

J.James said:
only way your going to get a replacement on it from a crash is if you bought it with extra warranty and accident coverage like from amazon. Then if so then YES you will get a replacement no matter what you did. OR some times if you paid by credit card some cards offer damage or lose coverage for a certain amount of time.
But if not. Then your on your own.
BUT it sounds like you jared some of the leds off the bottom of the escs and they esp on the p2s seem to come off real easy in a crash being they are not soldered to the board and only stuck on with conductive glue. I have on thats lose on my p2v that happened right after replacing the very same esc. and just landing a bit hard. so now some times that arm gives me a wrong color led then it should and some times I get no leds out of the leg but other wise I'm not going to bother even fixing it being it dont have any thing to do with the function of the esc or the motors other then being on the bottom of the esc and its only function is to give me some status of conditions or know the back from the front which still works being the other arms led still works an shows me the right colors.

Those LED covers are screwed on with two screws through each ESC board not glued. So if it came off in a crash there is a very good chance that the ESC module is damaged.

Where are you in the world.?

There are a lot of repairers on this board who can fix it for a fee.

I'm currently looking for a UK repair person, just in case.

Those LED covers are screwed on with two screws through each ESC board not glued. So if it came off in a crash there is a very good chance that the ESC module is damaged.

Ya I now the covers are screwed on by the screws and not glued on. The glue I was referring to is the conductive adhesive orpaist solder they seem to be using now to attach the leds to the bottom of the escs one the phantom 2 v2 escs they tend to to pop a joint on one or more of the 6 pins to the leds in any sort of hard crash Ive even had one pop all way off and they are a pain to solder then back in place if one pin is even lose it messed up the colors in the rest of the other 2 legs on the esc.

Tho they are on the same board as the escs they are really 2 separate things on the same board. thats why you can also have blown esc but still have working leds still or visa versa. were you have messed up leds but can some times still have a perfectly good esc and motor working right still.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic