Hyperion Double Rhombic Antenna

Reaction score
Just bought a new Hyperion double rhombic today, some questions I wanna ask to.
I'm using P3S now. Have been doing some tests. In a wide open area, the furthest range I ever got in stock only 300m (984ft) and 120m (393) alt. After that, RTH kicked down. :(

1. Is this tx or rx antenna?
2. Should I install the rx (if it tx) also onto my bird?
3. Would it make double range distances to my bird?
4. Has anyone here ever tried and used it? What about the result?

Thank you. :)

P_20160831_114323_1_p.jpg

Last edited:
Hello & welcome.

That is marked 5.8. On the P3S the 5.8 is the control and the 2.4 x 2 is the video.

You really need to do both frequencies to make it worth it. You will have to do some surgery to the TX to do this. Also some additional cables. If you have never done this before I would get a kit and be sure you know what your doing before you attempt it. There are $36 USD eBay kits with everything. You need 3 antennas or a panel that incorporates all three.

Check to be sure the TX setting have the height limit set to max as it is defaulted lower.

Thanks for your answer LuvMyTj.

I already watched some videos about modding the TX.
I also have RP-SMA to uFL cable.
Can I replacing 5.8 antenna only while for the 2.4 video, i'm still using the stock antenna?

Thank you.. :)

Yes, they are all independent. There are 3 connections on the board.
You could use that for the 5.8 control antenna and just leave the stock 2 video antennas as they are.

Yes, they are all independent. There are 3 connections on the board.
You could use that for the 5.8 control antenna and just leave the stock 2 video antennas as they are.
Great.
So I don't need any rx on my P3S, right? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20