Hyalite Canyon - 4K Phantom 4 Video

Reaction score

Phantom 4 video I shot a couple weeks ago and just uploaded this morning after editing it yesterday. Very happy with how this one turned out. Really love the close-ups I got over the creek, the high-speed footage over the lake, and the cliff shots. Wasn't the best light out unfortunately but I really wanted to get some shots before the snow started melting off the trees to see how it would turn out. Also you may notice some sharpening effects, least I do, definitely should have turned down the sharpening on the camera. Did a little bit in post, but didn't want to overdo it and simply cause things to start looking blurry.

Really need to start flying in manual mode. After I get through my backlog of footage and get it all uploaded, going to start doing that definitely.

Anyways, lemme know what you think of this one. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome. Best way to get better at this stuff is to get good feedback, and really can't think of a better place than here. :)

Gear:
  • Phantom 4
  • Polar Pro ND8 Filter
  • Nvidia Shield K1

this is really cool video . now questions

which software did you work to put video together
did you do panoramic effect during editing or just adjust setting on your dji app on tablet.

this is really cool video . now questions

which software did you work to put video together
did you do panoramic effect during editing or just adjust setting on your dji app on tablet.

Glad you liked it!

1) I use Adobe Premiere Pro. An amazing piece of software for editing video and I feel there's really nothing you can't do with it. Has a huge learning curve, and I'm still on the curve, but I'm making my way along it I think.

2) By panaromic effect, do you mean the black bars at the top and bottom of the video? I did those during editing. I'm feeling that it adds a really nice cinematic effect to the video. I simply cropped the top and bottom of the stock footage. So you lose the top and bottom of your shot but really for drone footage that's not necessarily a bad thing either, helps get rid of those pesky props if they dip down at all. Also helps if you record at the highest resolution, you get a lil bit more to play with that way.

If you have any other questions or comments, don't hesistate to ask! :)

Reactions: arkadek1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20