Humble Pie!

Reaction score
Just went down to the nice soft soccer field here in a 13mph wind and lost GPS at 50ft away and 10ft high! The wind grabbed it and made it all the way to the goal! Hit the ground and rolled a few times and then popped up to about 4ft!! Lessons learned.....

I hope you phantom is ok. wind can be tricky when you lose gps. this is where practice in atti mode or with a non gps enabled quad is essential. once i was landing in fairly high wind and i lost GPS about 10 feet off the ground, wheew, this was before i was comfortable hand catching , so it was a wild ride to bring her in for a landing. i think i took the next few days off flying........

Lol! Had not started filming yet! I wish I had! No damage (whew!!). I put the new carbon fiber props on and they were acting a little weird. Auto takeoff went to about 5 feet and then slowly sunk to about a foot off the ground. ??? More testing tomorrow. Camera on!!

are they genuine DJI CF reinforced props ? or are they true Carbon Fiber?

you might want to switch back to original props to see if the issue still exists, then switch back to the CF if you trust them, I've heard quite a few complaints about 3rd party CF props

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl