Huge prop comparison, Counterfeit vs Genuine, 9443 vs 9450

Reaction score
Just did a couple test I thought you guys might be interested in. I'm by no means an expert, so I'd love to hear your guys' opinions and thoughts. I really wanted to like the carbon fiber props but was mostly surprised by the set of counterfeit phantom 2 props I purchased.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2DbKyZsRxM[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gBX8NNPtvs[/youtube]

Re: Huge prop comparison, Counterfeit vs Genuine, 9443 vs 94

Great videos! Watched them both and subscribed both accounts. Very detailed :D

Great videos, so good to see all the options available. Thanks!

You know, I don't think you just got a good set of those XOXO props...all of the ones I've gotten are great. I haven't had one pair that's come in out of balance. Just got more in today...and they work great! I just ruined a few figuring out the best landing gear for tipping.

Molokai said:
You know, I don't think you just got a good set of those XOXO props...all of the ones I've gotten are great. I haven't had one pair that's come in out of balance. Just got more in today...and they work great! I just ruined a few figuring out the best landing gear for tipping.

I hate to admit that the newer XOXOXO props really aren't that bad. If you'd like to test some of their earlier efforts, I'll be more than happy to send you a set of 9443 props that I'll never fly with. Balance was way off, threads were crap and my P2V flew like the proverbial "drunken sparrow." :shock:

I bought a set of their 9450 props, by accident, recently... and can't find all that much fault. :)

-slinger

:D Excellent test! Great video too!
Different props have always been fun to try...so subjective the results ;)
I've always found the carbon fiber 9445 supior to stock Dji. My theory is based on flying at higher elevations (3-6,000 ASL) with low humidity, the stiffer props run smoother and I seem to get less jello in my video.

A couple of months ago I got two full sets of the XOXO 9450 "Thrust Enhanced" props off Ebay. None needed balance correction and the noise reduction was surprising. I can't tell any difference between them and the DJI 9450 "Thrust Boosted" ones. They are nearly identical!

gunslinger said:
Molokai said:

I hate to admit that the newer XOXOXO props really aren't that bad. If you'd like to test some of their earlier efforts, I'll be more than happy to send you a set of 9443 props that I'll never fly with. Balance was way off, threads were crap and my P2V flew like the proverbial "drunken sparrow." :shock:

I bought a set of their 9450 props, by accident, recently... and can't find all that much fault. :)

-slinger
:oops:
I've been waiting for your flight review, Gunslinger! As I recall you got a great deal! :lol:

Idbird said:
:D Excellent test! Great video too!
Different props have always been fun to try...so subjective the results ;)
I've always found the carbon fiber 9445 supior to stock Dji. My theory is based on flying at higher elevations (3-6,000 ASL) with low humidity, the stiffer props run smoother and I seem to get less jello in my video.

A couple of months ago I got two full sets of the XOXO 9450 "Thrust Enhanced" props off Ebay. None needed balance correction and the noise reduction was surprising. I can't tell any difference between them and the DJI 9450 "Thrust Boosted" ones. They are nearly identical!

gunslinger said:

-slinger
:oops:
I've been waiting for your flight review, Gunslinger! As I recall you got a great deal! :lol:

Smart *** !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

Molokai said:

gunslinger said:

-slinger

That's good to hear! A majority of what I saw from comments were really bashing the o-xoxo's, so I was a bit nervous about recommending them. Though I really don't like what they were doing to my engine hubs, and i'm pretty sure forcing them on isn't advisable. Even so, if 1 out of 4 had to be tossed out of the bag it's still worked out to being a better deal, lol.

WillU said:
Molokai said:

gunslinger said:

-slinger

That's good to hear! A majority of what I saw from comments were really bashing the o-xoxo's, so I was a bit nervous about recommending them. Though I really don't like what they were doing to my engine hubs, and i'm pretty sure forcing them on isn't advisable. Even so, if 1 out of 4 had to be tossed out of the bag it's still worked out to being a better deal, lol.

Nice job on the review, BTW... Will. Well done and very informative. I hadn't thought to drill out the old 9443 blades with the crappy threads, but I'll give that a shot and see if it's the same issue. I suspect it is...

-slinger

It works if you don´t use youtu.be
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2DbKyZsRxM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gBX8NNPtvs[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member