HOW TO: Use & maintain the Phantom remote controller battery

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com

Being a relatively low current application (compared to the battery in the AC) care and use requirements are greatly simplified. Avoid leaving them at close to zero charge and away from sustained high temperatures and all will be good.

That video seems to be pitched at 5 year olds. Watching it is painful.

My rc is in holland for repairs as it is not charging properly. What I don't like is the video says if you are going to store 'for a long period of time.' How long is that? A week, a month or six months to a year?
Maintain battery health by 'completely draining the battery.' I thought if you did that you killed the battery? I have drained flight batteries to 5% to recycle them but why don't they give a more precise amount. My only guide for the rc would be the leds (4 or 5 from memory), am I supposed to drain the battery till the last one is flashing?
I don't mind the video it has to be understandable in many languages and I quite like the graphic style.

What I don't like is the video says if you are going to store 'for a long period of time.' How long is that? A week, a month or six months to a year?
It's more important to ensure the battery remains at a good storage level (between 40-60% charged). The video recommends not allowing the battery to drop below 10% when in storage. So, you'll want to check it every month or so to ensure the battery is above 10% and recharge it as needed.

Maintain battery health by 'completely draining the battery.' I thought if you did that you killed the battery?
The remote controller will shut off when the battery is too low, so you won't kill the battery by using all of the battery power.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik