How to update the remote controller?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I successfully updated the bird to the latest firmware. The thing is, there's no any 1.40010 firmware for the controller (mine is running an extremely old version) .. What firmware version should I update it to?

Thanks a lot :)

How do we go about updating the RC firmware? does it do it through the app?

The firmware update for the bird was quite different than the P2V+ I had, so I'm confused on the RC

Thank you

It depends what firmware you going from - and what firmware your going to. However... you can update by putting the firmware in the root of a usb stick and putting the stick in the controller and turning it on. That is how I got my controllers to 1.3.2

It depends what firmware you going from - and what firmware your going to. However... you can update by putting the firmware in the root of a usb stick and putting the stick in the controller and turning it on. That is how I got my controllers to 1.3.2

The only thing I did to my bird is to stick the microSD with the firmware file in the root into the bird and updated it to 1.3.2, and then to the latest one....it seemed as the directions wanted us to do it step by step.

I never did anything to the RC, so I'm assuming it is still out of date? I didn't even think about updating the RC...i was assuming the update to the bird updated the RC.

I remember in the P2V+, I would plug the RC into the bird I think (or PC)....it's been a while

Wait, I think I figured it out. So I downloaded firmware 1.3.2, stick on a USB flash drive, plug it into the RC.

Then what? Just Power the RC on? What led colors or beeps should I look out for when it is updating, and when it is done?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wait, I think I figured it out. So I downloaded firmware 1.3.2, stick on a USB flash drive, plug it into the RC.

Then what? Just Power the RC on? What led colors or beeps should I look out for when it is updating, and when it is done?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ScreenHunter_39 Oct. 14 16.42.jpg

Reactions: eyecon82
@ImJim,
I only have used the bird to update my radio controller.
With the firmware on the micro sd card, insert into the gimbal.
Plug the radio into the Phantom with the supplied cable.
Turn on the bird first, then radio controller and let them do their thing. Works like a charm.;-)

Enjoy your Phantom, and happy landing.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: eyecon82
@ImJim,
I only have used the bird to update my radio controller.
With the firmware on the micro sd card, insert into the gimbal.
Plug the radio into the Phantom with the supplied cable.
Turn on the bird first, then radio controller and let them do their thing. Works like a charm.;-)

Enjoy your Phantom, and happy landing.

RedHotPoker
strange...nothing happens when I do this...and I know i didnt update the firmware correctly for the RC

how do you check the firmware version for the RC?

please keep in mind that I updated the bird to 1.3.2, and then to 1.4 without ever attaching the RC

after reading through the documentation for the 5th time, it says it is best to update the RC before updating the bird to 1.4....

I really am confused at this point....

strange...nothing happens when I do this...and I know i didnt update the firmware correctly for the RC

how do you check the firmware version for the RC?

@eyecon82,
You can locate the firmware version in General Settings, once there
Scroll down and click on About. It will list your devices and current firmware onboard.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj