How to transfer videos from Phantom 3 Pro to Ipad Air ??

Reaction score
image.png
Can some one please explain how to transfer HD videos to Ipad air....thanks

I keep getting this message

That method will transfer the lower resolution files.

In order to get the high resolution files, you need to get them from the SD card. It's best to use a computer for that.

I suppose the question is why? Use a real computer. 4K files on an iPad won't get you much except an exercise in patience. If you want to look at the files on the tablet, use 1080.

Why can't you transfer the video to the iPaD. My phantom3 is in 2.7k. When I use my android phone it goes on the automatically

Why can't you transfer the video to the iPaD. My phantom3 is in 2.7k. When I use my android phone it goes on the automatically
Apples and oranges! Lots of examples of things working on android and not on iOS and vice versus. I load my vids and pictures to my laptop and then transfer to the iPad using iTunes. Believe there is an iTunes version for PCs.

Get the Apple SD cardreader to import directly into ipad....works great!

Same here - no probs with Lightning / SD Card reader
(OK, mine ir iPad Pro 9,7, but there's no differences).

But, unless You have/plan to have the 12" iPad Pro, You doesn't get anything by buying the a bit more expensive USB 3 version of adapter (it will work for all iPads with Lightning port, but no transfer speed benefit, since only the big one supports USB v3)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
So there's an adaptor I can use on the lightning usb cord for my mini that hooks up to the phantom? I've used my pc to do it, but it takes longer and it's more of a pain to transfer to computer then to iPad. My android phone worked great the first few flights I used it, now the app will crash every time I use it to fly, so now I don't use it because I don't want to risk a problem while flying. I can go into Djigo without the drone being on and see the video, but it's just not in my photo gallery on apple

The adapter plugs directly into the Lightning port on the iPad (no cord needed). The Sd card plugs into it. Pics and videos are transferred directly to the appropriate folder on the iPad.

Well without buying any adapters I figured out my problem, so I think. If I take video in 1080 on my drone I can upload it to my iPad mini, but it takes forever! Did some research and from what I can tell my iPad isn't compatible with 2.7k video? But if I'm in the dji app I can watch the video, which doesn't make any sense.

Well without buying any adapters I figured out my problem, so I think. If I take video in 1080 on my drone I can upload it to my iPad mini, but it takes forever! Did some research and from what I can tell my iPad isn't compatible with 2.7k video? But if I'm in the dji app I can watch the video, which doesn't make any sense.

In the GO app, you are probably watching the video recorded by the app from the signal sent to the controller which is lower res than what is stored on the SD card. I use the same type of adapter that mhuilker recommends. I even have one with the old 24 pin apple connector to use with my older, general purpose iPad. I've had it for at least 5 years and even it handles the HD movies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav