How to test PH2-5200mAh-11.1V battery

Reaction score
My bird's just come back from repair with two motors, an ESC, the shell and the GPS replaced. I charged both my batteries last night looking forward to a flight today but she won't initialise.

Both batteries show 4 LED's on test but I'm wondering if the juice is flowing into the bird? I haven't used the batteries for about four months but they charged normally and both show a full charge.

I've a standard digital voltmeter and have inserted the probes into the battery's sockets but get no volts showing before or after I press the battery switch.

Do the two small (communication?) terminals have to be involved in this sort of test? Do I short them or put some sort of load across them in order to get volts out of the main sockets?

What's the procedure for testing a battery with a standard digital voltmeter please?

My bird's just come back from repair with two motors, an ESC, the shell and the GPS replaced. I charged both my batteries last night looking forward to a flight today but she won't initialise.

Both batteries show 4 LED's on test but I'm wondering if the juice is flowing into the bird? I haven't used the batteries for about four months but they charged normally and both show a full charge.

I've a standard digital voltmeter and have inserted the probes into the battery's sockets but get no volts showing before or after I press the battery switch.

Do the two small (communication?) terminals have to be involved in this sort of test? Do I short them or put some sort of load across them in order to get volts out of the main sockets?

What's the procedure for testing a battery with a standard digital voltmeter please?
Do you have the voltmeter on DC Volts?

Hey John - thanks for your interest.

Yup, voltmeter's on DC and I have tested it's working OK on a 1.5 battery. I've just opened the bird and popped the meter across the +ve and -ve terminals on the main board and nothing's showing up there either but the fact the LED's are operating normally on both batteries is confusing. So I'm wondering about those small terminals on the battery and whether they affect whether the juice flows of not?

I assume they serve some control or monitoring function. Do I need to account for them if I'm testing the battery outside of the Phantom?

Cheers

Yup, voltmeter's on DC and I have tested it's working OK on a 1.5 battery. I've just opened the bird and popped the meter across the +ve and -ve terminals on the main board and nothing's showing up there either but the fact the LED's are operating normally on both batteries is confusing. So I'm wondering about those small terminals on the battery and whether they affect whether the juice flows of not?

I assume they serve some control or monitoring function. Do I need to account for them if I'm testing the battery outside of the Phantom?

Cheers
Followed up on your question. At this moment I have a battery(Turned on) and reading 15.98 volts DC. Reading the main connection. Are you sure you are making contact with the conductors? the opening is tight. I'm using a flat tipped probe and was barely able to get then in far enough. Try a small piece of stranded wire inserted into each and attach your probes to the other end. AND make sure the battery is turned on.

Cheers
The small connections are the data interface with the Quad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik