How to tell H3-2D v2?

Reaction score
My H3-2D is arriving next week. I want to make sure it's the new version with the bigger motors. Is there any way I can tell?

snapdragon said:
Really, the new version is plastic? That seems a little backward

I thought so too but I appreciate it now. They made the mounting plates / vibration damper plastic as well as the bracket that secures the GoPro to the gimbal backplate. There's absolutely no benefit to making either of these parts from CNC aluminum (except perhaps vanity!) and it saves probably 10g, so I'm on board.

When I was flying a naked Phantom I thought people were crazy for obsessing over every single gram. Now that I'm pretty loaded up with gimbal, OSD, VTX, Garmin, etc., I'm getting a little OCD about weight now myself. :)

I have two gold rings around the swivel arm of the gimbal. Is this the old or new version. My friend has just one gold ring around the swivel??? Curious which is which??

Sounds like v1, but see below for typical 'v2' characteristics:

Composite upper and lower damper plates
Screws mounting gimbal foot to lower damper plate go through plate first and then thread into gimbal
Black colored back of circuitboard where GoPro mounts
Plastic GoPro retaining bracket
No 'Maxxon' on motor endbells
Motor endbells are a little larger
Only single 'gold' layer

Be advised there are now reports of repaired v1 gimbals, so there may be more than two distinct 'versions' of the Zenmuse H3-2D.

Steve

phantomfrank said:
I have two gold rings around the swivel arm of the gimbal. Is this the old or new version. My friend has just one gold ring around the swivel??? Curious which is which??

On the Zen there is a board that will be covered by the GoPro.

That board if Green V.1
if Black V.2

Confirmed

eckoner said:
On the Zen there is a board that will be covered by the GoPro.

That board if Green V.1
if Black V.2

Confirmed

Im really confused now. I have a Gimbal that has the Maxon swiss made.It also has two gold rings at the ends( It is the same look as the video on how to install the Gimbal). I also have the backplate is black behind the GoPro. So I think mine is V1 and V2 making it a blend hopefully a better H3 2D Gimbal?????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20