How to sync ESCs

Reaction score
I am currently teaching a class on introduction to drones for beginners.
One of my students came to see what he could learn on the software side of the hobby.
He also surprised me with a Phantom 2 he has been playing with for years.
But when he brought the craft to class, one of the motors was way too tight/ hard to turn.
I recommended to get a replacement motor.
He did that but now it won't spin at all with power.
So we figure the ESC is bad.

I had a thought last class - "If he replaces that, how do you sync the ESCs on a Phantom 2?"
Would he need to?
If he does, how is it done?
Can't find anything on this specifically.

There is no synchronization necessary.

Flight stability is achieved real-time by the Master Controller which contains the sensory suite used to maintain attitude. It’s called a NAZA.

As far as one motor being hard to turn it could be a bearing failure or rubbing against the aircraft’s shell.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
There is no synchronization necessary.

Flight stability is achieved real-time by the Master Controller which contains the sensory suite used to maintain attitude. It’s called a NAZA.

As far as one motor being hard to turn it could be a bearing failure or rubbing against the aircraft’s shell.

Agreed with the motor diagnosis.
Awesome about the ESC control and NAZA.
Might need to fiddle around with that flight controller system one day :D
Thanks for the info!

More than likely, unless he soldered directly to the ESC, he failed to properly strip the wires of all varnish and that's why it doesn't work.

Reactions: N017RW
Yea, forgot that point about insulation. It is very aggressive and should have been apparent upon trying to solder the wires to the ESC. Then there’s the requirement for the proper thread direction and motor rotation.
Lots to consider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers