How to swap the controller's sticks?

Reaction score
A newbie quadcopter pilot saying hello!

I've been searching around for a solution to this for some time now but haven't found any sort of tutorial on how to do this, so I'll ask you:

How do I switch over the control sticks' behavior? As in, left stick to move and hover around vertically and right stick to turning and ascending/descending.
I've been playing console games for long enough to get used to control everything this way.

Thanks in advance!

Jourei said:
A newbie quadcopter pilot saying hello!

I've been searching around for a solution to this for some time now but haven't found any sort of tutorial on how to do this, so I'll ask you:

How do I switch over the control sticks' behavior? As in, left stick to move and hover around vertically and right stick to turning and ascending/descending.
I've been playing console games for long enough to get used to control everything this way.

Thanks in advance!

There is an option to change the Tx to 'Mode 1'.

Thus:
>left stick operates elevator & rudder,
>right stick operates throttle & ailerons.

Does this sound like what you are describing?

Open up the RC System Assistant and you will see on the top of the first page an option to select Mode 1 or 2.

Of course the hard-core pilot could rewire the internals to any combo he/she desires but this is easier with no risk.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes, this is halfway of what I meant, but the copter still turns from the left stick as I'd like it to hover left/right from it.

Yea, I see now.

That's actually Mode 4:
>left stick operates throttle & ailerons,
>right stick operates elevator & rudder.

There's no option for that with the OEM Tx.

Unless you want to buy a programmable system with all the mode capabilities then your only option is to rewire the gimbals to your preference.

Not hard for a friend who is good with electronics to do this if you are not experienced or comfortable doing it yourself.

N017RW said:
That's actually Mode 4:
>left stick operates throttle & ailerons,
>right stick operates elevator & rudder.

Well, I can only see two modes.

So it looks like I should get used to the turning instead of moving.
I'm an electrician myself too and can operate a soldering iron, but that gets a bit too far for me to be bothered to tamper with something.
Kinda strange you can't remap the controls freely, but oh well...

Thanks for the answers and help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20