How To Stop The Noise When Upgrading Firmware

Welcome to the forum, Martyn.
The chirps and beeps can be annoying, my wife hates the noise too. I try to do it when she is away, as there is no stopping once a firmware update has started.

I really pissed her off once by arming the bird and flying through the family room. I won't do that again!:eek:

I don't believe there is a way! As your motors make the noise! Although, ( I have never tried this ) not sure which craft you have but on the P2's any of them, when I run diagnostics, if I UNPLUG, the com wires to each speed control, I hear nothing on startup, BUT, I'm not sure doing this will mess up upgrade or not? Like I said, I NEVER TRIED IT DURING UPGRADE! So try at own risk!
If you do try let us know, if it works!
Would save a lot of people a lot of headaches! Just a theory but not sure if it will work, because I believe the ESC units upgrade also in the process! But I do know the craft will startup with esc unplugged!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

I don't believe there is a way! As your motors make the noise! Although, ( I have never tried this ) not sure which craft you have but on the P2's any of them, when I run diagnostics, if I UNPLUG, the com wires to each speed control, I hear nothing on startup, BUT, I'm not sure doing this will mess up upgrade or not? Like I said, I NEVER TRIED IT DURING UPGRADE! So try at own risk!
If you do try let us know, if it works!
Would save a lot of people a lot of headaches! Just a theory but not sure if it will work, because I believe the ESC units upgrade also in the process! But I do know the craft will startup with esc unplugged!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

That is the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard Jerry. Who in the hell is going to open the shell to disconnect ESC modules so not to hear the chirps and beeps while upgrading the firmware..

There's no stopping it. Put your Phantom in a closet :)

That is the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard Jerry. Who in the hell is going to open the shell to disconnect ESC modules so not to hear the chirps and beeps while upgrading the firmware..

I agree!:D
But he asked, plus it does not work!
I attempted a firmware upgrade on an old phantom with ESC's unhooked, it won't start, in my testing I always have at least 1 hooked up, when all 4 unhooked, I get a constant red flashing and won't hook up to assistant, so no go on that crappy theory! Guess we just have to live with it!:rolleyes:

J Dot!

Only way would be to use plugs on motor leads, and physically unhook all 4 motors, while you upgrade, then plug them back in! Again, crazy amount of work for no sound, and definitely not worth it , but again, you asked!

J Dot

The motors act as speakers. Just get some cloth and wrap each motor up to deaden the sound.
Or do it on your neighbours porch at 2am.

Reactions: robsquad
Hi All.
Does anyone know how to stop the constant beeping noise when trying to upgrade the firmware as this irritates my other half who can hear it downstairs.

:(:mad:o_O

Just tell the wife you don't like the noise her vacuum makes while your watching TV and see how that goes over. There is always the door tell her to take a long slow walk to what which ever state she likes. Of course there are worst hobbies to have. Really she should be happy your at home and not running around and chasing some 20 year old.

rm2942__14608.1398559784.200.200.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20