How to start Litchi mission

Reaction score
Sorry for dumb question but I'm a bit confused about starting procedure. P3A Manual says you can start in P (GPS) and hover then switch to F and press start/arrow. When do you load the mission from the saved missions on the iPad ? Also do you start up in waypoint or FPV mode (top left) and change in hover. How can you tell mission is fully loaded ? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm using the P4 so your mileage may vary. Stay in P mode the whole time. Start Litchi in the waypoint mode, get into a hover. Load the mission and away you go. You'll know it's over bc it will say "mission complete".

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Once in F position, you can also upload the mission while the bird is still on the ground. After the mission loads, you can auto start and away it goes. Be careful though, according to the manual when you auto start, the bird will first climb to about 6 m (20 ft) the go straight to the first waypoint climbing toward it. Make sure that there are no obstacles,caress, buildings,vets. between the start and first waypoint. Also, make sure that you have "multiple missions mode" set in the go app.

Last edited:
Sorry for dumb question but I'm a bit confused about starting procedure. P3A Manual says you can start in P (GPS) and hover then switch to F and press start/arrow. When do you load the mission from the saved missions on the iPad ? Also do you start up in waypoint or FPV mode (top left) and change in hover. How can you tell mission is fully loaded ? Thanks

Here is my process.

Do all of the normal pre flight and safety checks

I load the mission on my iPad before I ever even start the bird. On the iPad I put Litchi in Waypoint mode. I click the symbol to open my saved missions. I pick the one I want, it opens. I put it int the big window to double check the mission parameters. Then put it in the smaller window.

I start the bird then, manually launch. I will normally fly up to the height of the mission and over close to the approximate starting point. Although some missions that have far away starting points, I let Litchi fly to the starting point from the mission height.

When ready to actually start the mission, move the remote switch to the 'F" position. If you forget, the mission will not load and you get a message to move the switch. No biggie

After switching to F press the "Play" button. You will get a message to the effect are you sure? Click yes. You will get a count up 0-100% (normally just a few seconds) while it is loading to the bird, and then the mission will fly.

I keep my finger on the mode switch. If there is an issue, switch immediately to 'P" and the bird will stop in its tracks and hover. The you can take over on the sticks

I end all of my missions just over head from my launch point, set to hover, so if there is a disconnect in flight it will return to me anyway.

I manually land or manually continue flying at the end of the mission

Once in F position, you can also upload the mission while the bird is still on the ground. After the mission loads, you can auto start and away it goes. Be careful though, according to the manual when you auto start, the bird will first climb to about 6 m (20 ft) the go straight to the first waypoint climbing toward it. Make sure that there are no obstacles,caress, buildings,vets. between the start and first waypoint. Also, make sure that you have "multiple missions mode" set in the go app.

What is the multiple mission mode for?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Multiple mission mode is how the go app programs the aircraft to accept 3rd party apps such as litchi.

Make sure that there are no obstacles,caress, buildings,vets. between the start and first waypoint. Also, make sure that you have "multiple missions mode" set in the go app.
Veterans really hate Litchi missions, and mill about the first waypoint making trouble. Oh, and if you caress any of them, watch out!

Gotta really watch out for those vets.

:D

Veterans really hate Litchi missions, and mill about the first waypoint making trouble. Oh, and if you caress any of them, watch out!

Gotta really watch out for those vets.

:D
And you have to keep an eye on that @&&@$ spellchecker! Obviously meant trees, etc!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj