How to send video to projector or big screen?

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'm planning to buy a phantom 2, the setup would be this: gopro, gimbal, one all in one from helipal
My question is what would I need to see live picture not only on the screen attached to the transmitter, but also on a big screen where the video is projected, or TV.
Thank you for your answers!

OI Photography said:
The monitor (or receiver) in that setup will have a standard RCA video output that you can connect to any TV or display with that kind of input.

Ok, like that would be easy, but what if I cannot stand next to the screen? So I would need some kind of video transmitter I guess.

You can only take the FPV feed for live video. But you can have as many receivers as you want for the FPV and they don't need to be connected. So you can be looking at your FPV in one place and the projector with a different receiver shows the same thing.

ianwood said:
You can only take the FPV feed for live video. But you can have as many receivers as you want for the FPV and they don't need to be connected. So you can be looking at your FPV in one place and the projector with a different receiver shows the same thing.
that's great! so I just need an extra receiver?

Pisti said:
ianwood said:
that's great! so I just need an extra receiver?

Correct, just make sure it works on the same frequencies as your Tx, and will have as clear a line of sight to the Phantom as possible.

FatShark actually markets what they call a "ground station repeater" for this purpose (basically a low-power transmitter like the one in the air), which re-broadcasts the FPV from your main receiver setup to the one on your remote monitor/tv/projector...but it takes an extra layer of equipment investment, and would probably only be practical if you have a tricky ground setup where the 2nd receiver/display can't have a view of the sky where the Phantom is, and can't be reached with cables.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20