How to save all flight records on my computer?

Reaction score
I've had my P4P for a month and have found that the DJI GO 4 app has grown to close to 7GB on my iPad. I'd like to be able to save everything and view it like I can in the app (flights with all of the details) and then clear the flight records to free up space on my iPad. . I don't want to view it in an Excel of other file. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Interesting and good question. I'm interested in others views too, what I can advise is the flight data recorded by DJIGO app is stored in the (DJI) cloud, so that is a backup of the device (which can be restored from cloud to both same and/or different device easily- I do this regularly). I THINK but have not tried, clearing local flight records does not delete cloud records, BUT need to verify this. Not sure if can be exported to a PC as asked, curious too on that one. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Only own a p3p and owned a p4 before so not sure if you get different info in dji go 4 screen for p4p.
For me i am very satisfied with my healthydrones.com gold account.
I can store up to 1200 flight record, and on top of that i get extremely useful additional info i.e. power consumption profile on a flight, battery health, etc.

Check this for an example
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Sent from my SM-N910H using PhantomPilots mobile app

my understanding is HealthyDrones is a paid service over a certain number of flight records, so it's not quite what OP (and myself) are looking for but definitely a good suggestion (I was hoping to find a way to do this at no additional cost).

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

Thanks for correcting me and confirming, with hindsight that does make sense, was hoping whilst one has an active account, records are retained.

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I should clarify a little, if I make a flight then sync to the cloud the flight is in the cloud. Now if I delete that flight from the iPad it's still in the cloud until I sync my iPad and show the cloud I deleted it which in turn the cloud will delete it too.

I fly with an iPad and sometimes my iPhone. If I make a flight with my iPad and sync it to the cloud then the flight is in the cloud. If I delete it from my iPad but do not sync the deletion and then sync my iPhone it will pull the iPad flight to the iPhone because the cloud does not know I deleted it yet.

Hope you understood that :p

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Loz and Simzy666
I have less than 5GB of space left on my iPad so I want to be able to move the flight records off of my iPad before I run out of memory. It syncs to the cloud every night but deleting them from the iPad will also remove them from the cloud. I don't mind paying a small fee to store then each month. I prefer to be able to store them on my computer and then look at them the same way that I do on my iPad.

I'm waiting for Apple to release an updated iPad so I can upgrade. At that point I could keep my old one, clear out most of the apps and just use it for drone stuff. But even that would eat up a lot of memory. I've used close to 7GB after 6 weeks of use in the Winter. I'll be flying a lot more when the weather is nice.

It's not the end of the world if I don't have them. I guess it would be a lot to go through after a year of flying. I'll give DJI a call to see what they say.

Just for comparison do you have way more flights than me because mine is only using 1.74GB.
8a3888808f2ccc25b92c92d2c67a2d85.jpg

I have 3 listed. Maybe because I use 3 SD cards? They show -

Flight Time Total Distance Total Flights

14Hr21Min 526,653 51
13Hr53Min 510,243 49
28Min 16,409 2

Going into the Storage ad iCloud usage section of my iPad it shows the DJI GO 4 app at 6.93 GB. Clicking on that lists 6.74 GB for Documents and Data.

Yeh the first one is your total flights from all drones. Any after that are each drone. Did you have another that you only did 2 flights on?

In the app go to Editor and you should see a bunch of videos in there. Those are the low quality videos that were streamed to the phone during flight. If you have the high quality ones from the SD card saved on your computer or somewhere you can delete the videos from your phone. That will definitely clear space. I only have kept a few videos that I may want to show someone when I don't have my computer handy.

I may be wrong but your flight logs shouldn't take up much memory. I'd guess it's those videos.

Reactions: DanMan32
I kept looking at those numbers but didn't catch that first number is the total of the other two. I just have one drone. I was thinking those totals are for all of my SD cards.

I'm going to start backing up my pictures and videos to my computer. I guess I can pick through my flight records and delete the ones that I don't really want. Some are just flights around the area. Those don't matter to much. I'd like to save some of the long flights and ones that I took important pictures/videos.

Yeh like I said I don't think deleting flight records will help much, I could be wrong though. For me, all flights under 5 minutes I delete.

I have 100 flight records and they only take up 53mb on my HTC.
Just checked my Tab E tablet that I use for flying and that isn't much bigger.
Must be your video cache.
You can set the app to delete older cached videos when you reach the set threshold, which you can also set.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have 100 flight records and they only take up 53mb on my HTC.
Just checked my Tab E tablet that I use for flying and that isn't much bigger.
Must be your video cache.
You can set the app to delete older cached videos when you reach the set threshold, which you can also set.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm glad someone else confirmed. So don't delete your records. Clear your videos.

Reactions: Ben01

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers