How to restore connection mid flight?

Reaction score
so I seem to lose connection to the iPad ground station not after long on our P2 (v2.0).... Maybe a couple minutes into a mission. But how do I get it to pick up the bird on its way back? It never does, thus I never get a "mission complete". Once it loses connection I would think it would keep searching.

We've got a vision+ also and it regains signal automatically as soon as it's back in range. Always a welcome feeling before we see the bird. :)

slopokdave said:
so I seem to lose connection to the iPad ground station not after long on our P2 (v2.0).... Maybe a couple minutes into a mission. But how do I get it to pick up the bird on its way back? It never does, thus I never get a "mission complete". Once it loses connection I would think it would keep searching.

We've got a vision+ also and it regains signal automatically as soon as it's back in range. Always a welcome feeling before we see the bird. :)

you can force the app to search for it... I don't have the app right in front of me but the icon is a little radar screen. Weird that it doesn't ever pick it back up for you. Mine does if the disconnect is relatively short lived. In any case you can force it to search.

slopokdave said:
Thanks I will give that a try.

By the way - the whole dropping connection this is why I always make the first and last waypoint almost directly over my head... that way I know I can regain connection if I need to at the tail end of the flight.

Hello,

We have a DJI Phantom 2 with data link and we did a test on Friday. Everything went well on the Ground Station software but after 1:26 minutes I didn’t get any more info about where the Phantom was. The Phantom was still flying according to the waypoints but the software showed no GPS on the bottom left. What can we do to avoid this kind of situations?
We are using PC because we need the Photogrammetry Tool
Thank you!

Ground station will only have as much connection as your camera does because they are both linked to your Phantom WIfi. It is advertised that you can have FPV or camera up to 300 meters. I have gotten further, it just depends. The cool thing about GS is that even though you have lost WIFI connection the Phantom will continue on its round and continue to record video. If you dont regain connection as your Phantom gets closer to you check your Wifi connection in settings and make sure that you have not automatically joined another Wifi network when you lost connection to your Phantom. I was using GS in my yard on a 1600 foot flight and the Wifi connection broke, as it does when you get to far. In the past I would reconnect automatically when it got back to the distance I had lost connetion. This time it came all the way back and I hadnt regained connection. I checked my connection in settings and my phone had picked up my home Wifi connection while the Phantom was out of range. You can reconnect mid flight if this ever happens as long as the Phantom is in range.

Guys, I fear you are talking about two different things here. The initial poster slopokdave refers to the IPad Datalink groundstation. Others here seem to be referring to the in-APP Groundstation of the P2V+ that uses Wifi. But the datalink groundstation only uses Radio siglans, not Wifi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav