How to replace the compass

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of problems lately, of getting my copter to hover properly, and to stop without drifting left.. It seems a lot of the problems reverberate back to the compass.. So for 22 bucks, I thought: why not replace it.. Does anyone know the process?.. I'm not sure exactly how the electrics are plugged into it, and how to remove them.. Do you pull it straight up from the chip, or what?.. Also, do you need a special non-metallic screwdriver to take the clamp off? ..Plus, do any other things have to be done, like recalibrating the IMU? Thanks..

The contacts became unsoldered on the compass of my Phantom. I would only get a yellow flashing light.
Anyways, I ordered a new compass, and it came attached to a leg. All I had to do is replace one leg, and replug the compass. It was ready to fly after that.

Marc70 said:
The contacts became unsoldered on the compass of my Phantom. I would only get a yellow flashing light.
Anyways, I ordered a new compass, and it came attached to a leg. All I had to do is replace one leg, and replug the compass. It was ready to fly after that.

yep just about to do the same just arrived from Helipal ..... we shall see, with motor replacements also, whether my slight ills are cured .... :shock:

It was quite easy to replace the compass.. As someone stated, it comes attached to the landing gear.. you have to remove the tape on each of the legs, and although it may look like the camera plug won't fit through the hole, it does.. I cut the plastic of the old leg, as the plug for compass is a tight fit.. Further, before putting on the new leg, I filed it a bit wider to allow enough room for the compass plug to slip through, without having to force it.. A spare wire comes with the compass, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get at the plug inside, as the wire disappears into the top section of the copter, where the GPS sensor is locate..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20