How to replace the Camera & Gimbal on the vision+?

Reaction score
Hi, I can't find any video on how to replace the Camera & Gimbal on the vision+. can someone please send me a link?
I want to order that piece but I want to make sure I can assemble it myself before I choose where to buy it from.

Thanks
Mikkel

mikkel said:
Hi, I can't find any video on how to replace the Camera & Gimbal on the vision+. can someone please send me a link?
I want to order that piece but I want to make sure I can assemble it myself before I choose where to buy it from.

Thanks
Mikkel

Its very easy, just 3 cables (only the small cable has a small tab that needs to be pressed for release). The 2 hard plastic drop pins can be removed by snipping the ends off with pliers, the 4 rubber vibration dampers should be carefully removed so as not to tear them (I use tweezers). I never bothered to replace the 2 hard pins as I suspect they were the cause of my broken camera/gimbal after hard landing. Others will suggest to replace the pins. I have about 50 flights without pins and no problems - the soft rubber dampers can easy hold the weight of the assembly, just keep an eye on them to ensure they are not splitting.

Once the camera is physically on you are good to go - no "pairing" or software settings needed

Thanks, but It seems like I should open the phantom as well and I've never done this before, I'm not even sure where should I dissconnect the cable from, the gimbal or the phantom?
I'm sure it's easy and that ill feel stupid for asking this aster I do it but a video will give me much more confidence to open it myself and do it.

I replaced mine (courtesy dictates you not ask why it was necessary!).
I too searched for a video but then gave up and ventured on out. It wasn't hard. There are three cables to replace on the gimbal that cannot be mixed up. The hardest part, I found, was getting the plastic lock washers off the plastic spears that go through the shock absorbers to hold the gimbal. Small screwdrivers with light pressure did the trick.

thanks, I didn't find the video I wanted but I understand how to do it and I already disassembled the old one pretty quickly. now im looking to buy the new part in a reasonable price, seems that nobody has it in stock right now

As mentioned above there is no reason to open the phantom to replace the camera. The cables come out of P2V+ and attaches to the top of camera assembly. There are three connectors and one has a lock tab (also mentioned above). So be careful.

So just remove the pins which can be clipped or you can save them if you do it carefully and remove the wires. That is all.

You can fly it until the new camera comes as it will fly fine.

I flew mine around with a broken gimbal with the gimbal lock on (to keep it from doing the gimbal dance) for a long time before deciding to put a new gimbal back on.

Just to teach me a lesson.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik