How to reinstall firmware?

Reaction score
Hi, noob question maybe but I recently updated to 1.1.9 and now that I'm running into other issues I figured reinstalling the firmware might help. Is there a way to do this?

Yes-- but if the text file on the SD card showed a successful installation, there is no need to reinstall the firm ware. Check out the document below. Review all the you tube videos, there are several on firmware updates. If you are new, spend some time on youtube and review and learn the Phantom manual thoroughly ( available at the DJI website and a lot of your questions will be resolved quickly. Search this forum also --- most of these questions have been answered and are recorded here for everyone's benefit.

Welcome to the world of noobie's;) still learning myself.

Attachments

• How_to_Update_Firmware_en.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 556
  • Phantom 3 IMU calibration.pdf
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,488
Thanks @bobmyers - I did the initial firmware update following the steps and it successfully completed a couple days ago. Also did the IMU calibration following everything.

Would like to reinstall even though the firmware update was successful. If I follow those steps b/c the phantom is already on 1.1.9 it doesnt do anything. I've tried formatting the sandisk but that doesnt initiate another update or make the phantom do anything...

Thanks @bobmyers - I did the initial firmware update following the steps and it successfully completed a couple days ago. Also did the IMU calibration following everything.

Would like to reinstall even though the firmware update was successful. If I follow those steps b/c the phantom is already on 1.1.9 it doesnt do anything. I've tried formatting the sandisk but that doesnt initiate another update or make the phantom do anything...
You may not be able to "re- update it" -- I didn't have those issues-- If the app and controller are reading the files, then they probably wont let you re-update. If the update was not successful, you probably would not even be able to reconnect.

actually @bobmyers (and anyone else) - is there anyway to downgrade the firmware and then update again? I see that this seems to have been possible on previous phantoms.

actually @bobmyers (and anyone else) - is there anyway to downgrade the firmware and then update again? I see that this seems to have been possible on previous phantoms.
This would require a hard reset of the bird, and no one has figured out how to do that yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31