How to power an Immersion TX

Reaction score
Help a numpty out here please.

How do you power an Immersion 5.8GHz 600W TX on a Phantom? The power lead that comes with it suggests a different battery. I have no idea which one. It was supposed to be a complete bundle.

I drilled a hole in my frame and put the wires through and connected them to the auxiliary power lead inside. Works a treat.

I cut off the connector & replaced it with a connector that plugs into the battery balance lead. Actually I power three things off the balance lead.....video transmitter, low battery alarm, & a LED light (to determine orientation from a distance).

hi
I use the same Tx, and run it from the auxiliary power cable(red/black) that feeds through the front leftside blanking plug,
quite a thin guage wire , but so far, so good! and I suppose a 600mw Tx draws more power than a 200mw ?
Have run this set=up for past four weeks and no problems,
ps the Tx I have has a Heat Sink and a mini fan, probably necessary when fitted inside an airframe, but outside under the prop airflow maybe the fan is a bit overkill.

Thanks fellas.

I have a lead coming to connect the TX to the Balance Lead. The Upgrade Board doesn't have the spare power leads.

I'm running the DJI video transmitter, I have it positioned on the bottom of the phantom and soldered my power cable directly to the board. My question for you guys is, the video Tx as I said is positioned on the bottom behind the Gopro and the antenna is pointed out the rear. I'm having interference issues and I'm certainly not getting the distance I expected to receive. Is there a better way to position the cloverleaf antenna? Thanks.
6e3upepu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I have my antenna pointed down, versus back as In your picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And are you quite happy with the video results you receive? Did you bend the antenna downward or did you purchase a 90 degree elbo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes, I'm very happy with the results. I only bent the wire rather than purchasing an elbo connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair