How to post just a YouTube video link, via email?

Reaction score
How do I get just the video link to send in an email? When I send it, the link takes the recipient straight to YouTube...I just want the video sent....thanks in advance

Don't think you can directly. Probably have to download (if allowed) to your PC then attach to an email. Note, even the shortest video will likely be too large to be emailed. Many servers have fairly small, 10 Mb, limits on email attachments.

I believe it's nearly impossible to send videos via e-mail without a host, such as YouTube.

Stand alone e-mail servers won't allow that much bandwidth.

I'm sorry I may have worded this wrong. See I'm trying to send a realtor a small youtube video clip. She wants only the video link.....so she can upload it to msl

Open the video, then look for a small white arrow. Click that and it will give you your upload options. One of them is "copy link." Click that, and the code will be saved temporarily in floating memory. Then just "paste" the link.

It will look something like this:

Http :/YouTu.be/ A075b535

I just made that up, but you should see something similar.

I think your trying to isolate the video from YouTube, and send it independently?

No can do.... gotta have YouTube as the host for the video clip if you want to send it anywhere.

The MSL host site likely won't carry the bandwidth for individual video files, just as e-mail servers won't.

If for some reason the MSL site won't allow for direct YOUTUBE links, I don't know an answer off hand.

Are other videos posted on the MSL?

If so, I'd try to analyze their process.

Maybe someone here can chime in?

Another thought;

I'm not MSL smart, but have used ZILLOW quite a bit.

I don't recall ever seeing a video on Zillow, just pics.

And if there ARE videos on there, they might be created by Zillow management themselves, not end users.

Just wondering out loud here...

Ok, I see what you are saying. A realtor wanted a short video of a property and told me to upload the video to YouTube and send her the link. What I don't understand is what can she possibly do with it, can she some how download just the video for her own purposes ?

As far as I know, she could just send the YouTube link along, via e-mail or whatever.

Or she could display the video (YouTube) on her desktop, smartphone, tablet to show clients.

By the way, this forum has a real estate sub-forum.

Bet they could help!

Real Estate

Ok, thanks for all of your time. I'm just gonna send her the link and she can do whatever she wants with it.

Reactions: Pharm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues