How to Piggback RC on Phantom for Hand Held Filming?

Reaction score
I thought mounting the RC on top of the Phantom might work but then wondered if that would present a problem with the GPS not geotagging the images. This could be an issue when doing lateral images for photogrammetry, right?
How do you guys do hand held filming with the Phantom?

Attachments

• PHANTOMDOCK1.jpg
    PHANTOMDOCK1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 442
upload_2016-5-6_15-51-40.png

Reactions: dirkclod
That's cool! I assume that you hold this in one hand and the RC with mobile device in the other hand?
Are the holders as shown commercially available?

yes they are out there just have to due a search for them

How come nobody has figured out how to use the gimbal and camera on a hand held unit like the yuneec q5oo 4k

The second one above looks like it makes use of the motor shafts. That surely wouldn't be an issue with over-stressing the motor bearings since they are not rotating?
I could see these devices working well with WIFI linked devices but not sure with LIGHTBRIDGE linked as on the Phantom3P and 3A where the RC needs to be present to support the mobile device. (both electrically and physically)
Thinking back over the method shown in the first post above, maybe the geotagging of the photos is not an issue with most stitching software. I was thinking of PIX4D where it uses the gps location of each photo. The RC mounted above the Phantom would surely block the GPS signal in that case?

cause dji doesn't make a gimble that comes off like autel

Yeah looks like Yuneek and Autel have nice setups. I'm guessing DJI probably doesn't want to offer a removable camera but rather the Ronin setup.

nice gimble
20160503_130311.jpg

autel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik