How To Mount iPad and HDMI Monitor to Remote for P3P?

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is using a HDMI monitor with their phantom 3 pro in addition to still connecting to an iPad mini/iPhone, all physically mounted to the remote controller at once?

I'd like to have my iPad mini or iPhone connect and display the google map information while I use the HDMI output for something like a FlySight Black Pearl external monitor. I'm not interested in using goggles right now due to legal ramifications. The only mount I can find for monitors is this one (http://www.amazon.com/BPB01-FLYSIGHT-MONITOR-BRACKET-LIGHTBRIDGE/dp/B00VSYF4OO), which looks like it won't fit on the dual antenna controller of the P3P. Is there anything I can use off the shelf to help me mount two screens to the controller at once or should I give up and consider macgyvering myself a mount to work around the existing mount on the controller so I can use both?

Thanks

I don't think any one has reported using two monitors mounted on RC. May be the mount you have shown needs to be modified to accommodate two antennas.

Reactions: flybyfoto
I've used a couple of different things. Both based on the Arca-Swiss mount that is very common in photography. I have one RC that uses the FPVLR antenna. I have a 'window mount' device that has a rubber pad that is designed to attach to a car window - but works quite well on the plastic antenna mount - that has an Arca-Swiss plate from Kirk enterprises. The monitor also has a Arca-Swiss mount attached to it. So the iPad goes in the usual spot, the monitor goes on the mount. Works OK except that it's heavy.

The other RC is set up slightly differently. I put the monitor in the iPad mount - fits fine, then I use a cell phone holder from Kirk Enterprises that has an Arca Swiss mount that hooks on to the same kind of plate (see pic). I use my iPhone 6 in the mount. This works fine coupled with the monitor and is a lot less bulky. You really don't need the real estate of the iPad along with the monitor. The mount is attached with VHB tape so no screws. This, surprisingly, has worked well (VHB is my new best friend. More versatile than duct tape or WD-40). It packs nicely, the only addition from the stock mount is the little clamp.

The downside is that the Kirk stuff is expensive. The phone holder is $150 - but is a beautiful bit of machined aluminum and will last forever. The plates and mounts are $20-$50 each although I'm seeing perfectly acceptable Chinese knockoffs for less than half that price.

IMG_1561.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj