how to mount all 3 amps....(2) 2.4 ghz and (1) 5.8

Reaction score
ive already done FPVLR stage 2 mods to transmitter...both to the extender and to transmitter. i can add my own antennas to each of the 3 antenna mounts now.

question: i now have the amps for all 3 antennas (two 2.4ghz @2.5 amps + 1 5.8ghz@1 amp)...are these amps SHIELDED?

ie, what if i want to mount them all into a central "velcro tower of amps" on the rear side of transmitter and all stacked very close to each other...offset by a small distance to balance CG? would the radiation defeat my purposes?

All those boosters are shielded.... proximity shouldn't matter much for signal... but heat is something you may wanna look out for... they use the metal case as a heat sync ... but a bit of space between each one for air flow should do the trick.

nedro018 said:
ive already done FPVLR stage 2 mods to transmitter...both to the extender and to transmitter. i can add my own antennas to each of the 3 antenna mounts now.

question: i now have the amps for all 3 antennas (two 2.4ghz @2.5 amps + 1 5.8ghz@1 amp)...are these amps SHIELDED?

ie, what if i want to mount them all into a central "velcro tower of amps" on the rear side of transmitter and all stacked very close to each other...offset by a small distance to balance CG? would the radiation defeat my purposes?
Where did you find the details on the FPVLR Stage 2 mods (obviously more than just adding the antennas)?

Thanks,

thanks DBS.

tom, i used this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bbF77Y1KTE

his mods were on a P2V not the P2V+, so i didnt do the mods on the bird itself like he did.

remember that the (2) 2.4ghz amps (or you might only used 1) will require 6 db attenuators on the radio-side of the connection to reduce the output of the range extender coming into the sunhans. not many talk about this, they just throw the amps into the mix.

the 5.8 ghz amp wouldnt need this if you turn the TX power from FCC to CE.

since im pretty familiar with the guts of the transmitter, this will be my next mod:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121375809123?ss ... 1439.l2649

im thinking about velcroing them like this....

Attachments

• 20140721_150050.jpg
    20140721_150050.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 20140721_150055.jpg
    20140721_150055.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 403
That looks better than I had pictured in my head... looks solid :ugeek:

The attenuators aren't necessary on the P2V+ extender... Those boosters have a max input value of 100mw which just happens to match the rated output of the P2V+ extender... and because they are linear boosters you would rather have it that way to achieve the full output power... using an attenuator will decrease the input thereby decreasing the output value as well...

Not sure where the idea of attenuating the 2.4ghz signal came from... but the 5.8ghz signal on the original P2V tx was the one that needed it... it was rated at 125mw so it had the potential of over driving the input on the 5.8ghz booster and causing problems...

On the P2V+ we are at 100mw straight across all outputs so these sunhans boosters are a good match for what we are doing and will put out their max ratings without any fussing around with extra hardware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl