How to lower H3-3D gimbal

Reaction score
I know I have seen this posted somewhere, but I cannot find it. I'd like to find a way to lower the H3-3D gimbal on my Phantom 2. I keep getting the propellors in the shot when I tilt up and I don't want to crop the video as it eliminates alot of the sky. I'd love to be able to lower the gimbal or maybe even move it out some. Is this at all possible and has anyone done this and could tell me how they did it? I don't always fly the F550 and that is setup fine with aeroxcraft landing gear. The Phantom I fly alot and it would be great to get the same type of video without cropping. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I just had to do this exact thing with mine. You need to hook the Phantom up to the Phantom software on the computer. Once you have it all loaded you need to...

Go to advanced tab

Go to Gimbal

Then adjust the Horizontal Limit. I currently have mine at -7. I have NOT tested out in the field but when i used the wifi link to my phone, i adjusted until i no longer saw the props. Understand, the wifi of the GoPro and the Zenmuse clash and the feed will be choppy. I used it to soley figure out a good limit.

Thanks for the response. I know how to set the limit. The problem I'm having is that I'd like the GoPro to be level and not have to be tipped down at all. Sometimes I want more sky in the photo than the ground. When it's level I see the propellors so I was hoping there would be a way to lower the gimbal and GoPro down another 2-3 inches or even out a little away from the phantom so when the gopro is level or even tipped up ever so slightly, there's no propellors in the video. Maybe I'm asking for too much. Hahaha.

I follow you now, I have my GoPro 3+ black on superview mode and with doing what i explained in the previous post cleared up that issue for me.

With physically lower it, that would probably be a customer job. You can fairly easily find extended legs for the Phantom but i have yet to see something for the gimbal, plus you would have to make your own wire extension from the board to zenmuse.

One way is to shoot in 1920x1440
Then you can crop out the extra 360 section to get it to 1080.
That should eliminate the props whilst still giving you the same amount of picture as 1920x1080 would have originally.

mrand said:
I know I have seen this posted somewhere, but I cannot find it. I'd like to find a way to lower the H3-3D gimbal on my Phantom 2. I keep getting the propellors in the shot when I tilt up and I don't want to crop the video as it eliminates alot of the sky. I'd love to be able to lower the gimbal or maybe even move it out some. Is this at all possible and has anyone done this and could tell me how they did it? I don't always fly the F550 and that is setup fine with aeroxcraft landing gear. The Phantom I fly alot and it would be great to get the same type of video without cropping. Thanks in advance for any responses.

This is exactly what you are looking for. You will probably need to get some extended legs or the camera is going to hang too low. I have this bracket and some extended landing gear and they work perfectly together. Be aware though, the zenmuse top plate has 4 screws that secure it to the Phantom. This adapter plate also has 4 "standoffs" for 4 screws, but only 3 align with the Phantom mounting holes. I have not found it to be a problem only using the 3 as the 4th standoff sits over the hole in the bottom of the Phantom. A little pricey, but it does what you want. Oh, you will need to supply your own "longer" screws.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2058726/ ... terialId=6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers