"How-To" Long exposure picture thread! Plus pictures!

Reaction score
Post them up! I love awesome night shots!

Finally got some time to give it a shot today. Nothing epic or nothing amazing in the background, just a little burger kind lol. Straight from the memory card, no editing at all. Very pleased!

I'll post up a little "HOW-TO" since its like a secret around the forums. People just say " oh out it in manual mode and put exposure to 3 seconds"

First: yes put it in manual mode(bottom right button in flight screen)

Second: bring your ISO down to 100 or 200( it keeps the "noise" out your picture, use a higher ISO and you will see what im talking about)

Third- slide the exposure(the numbers under the ISO section) to 3 seconds or more/less. 3 seconds looks like this ---> 3" so it's more to the right.

Fourth- go to the advance settings and turn off your lights. With these shots the red lights will show up in your pictures.

Fifth-swipe ur screen(up, down, left, or right, either one works) to clear it so it's blank and you can focus on the picture.

Sixth- take a picture! It's going to click and spin for how ever long your exposure was set to. Now not sure if it happens to every one but my status bar turns red and says no signal for a quick second, don't panic! Lol

Seventh- Post it up!!! First shot or 100th shot, show them off! Pretty awesome to see what the outcome is.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434076854.037770.jpg

Last edited:
How'd you do that?

Second: bring your ISO down to 100 or 200( it keeps the "noise" out your picture, use a higher ISO and you will see what im talking about)

Third- slide the exposure(the numbers under the ISO section) to 3 seconds or more/less. 3 seconds looks like this ---> 3" so it's more to the right.

Fourth- go to the advance settings and turn off your lights. With these shots the red lights will show up in your pictures.

Fifth-swipe ur screen(up, down, left, or right, either one works) to clear it so it's blank and you can focus on the picture.

Sixth- take a picture! It's going to click and spin for how ever long your exposure was set to. Now not sure if it happens to every one but my status bar turns red and says no signal for a quick second, don't panic! Lol

Seventh- Post it up!!! First shot or 100th shot, show them off! Pretty awesome to see what the outcome is.

Last edited:
I cant find the turn lights off. Tired to find this in the manual as well... Are you running 1.0.10. Could the professional have this feature while the advanced doesnt?

Definitely need to turn the lights off or you'll get some glow. The switch only turns off the front red lights. I thought about masking off the rear lights with some tape too.

What shutter speed did you use for these?

Also did you disable the LED lights on the arms of the drone? I cant find this setting Vtecturtle was talking about

What the heck, my app doesn't look like that! What version are you running?

I'm missing something: shoot in DNG! Especially with low light pictures you can use the advantages of the DNG format as surpressing the overblown areas and and get more detail out of the deep shadow parts.

Post them up! I love awesome night shots!

Finally got some time to give it a shot today. Nothing epic or nothing amazing in the background, just a little burger kind lol. Straight from the memory card, no editing at all. Very pleased!

I'll post up a little "HOW-TO" since its like a secret around the forums. People just say " oh out it in manual mode and put exposure to 3 seconds"

View attachment 21716
Wow! Good info. I love this forum. So much good stuff to read and find out about the P3p. Wish I would have joined with my P2. Great stuff.

Android looks like that, if you loaded from dji site, if you loaded from playstore its the wrong one with missing functions
I wonder if the app will stop crashing mid flight all the time now. Crazy that the DJI vs play store apps are different

Reactions: Coldfire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic