How to link a P3P controller to a P4

Reaction score
I recently read in another thread the ability to use a P3P (GL300A or GL300B) controller with a P4 and the many responses indicates its achievable. But I want to know the steps and I want to know if you have to somehow delete the firmware from the P3P first before you load up the P4 controller firmware? I want to know if anybody has done it and can describe the step by step process. I am sure I can fumble my way through it but if someone has successfully done it and can post it would be very helpful. Do I also need to back up the old firmware?

You just need to link the remote controller to the Phantom -- like this:

If the remote controller firmware needs to be updated, DJI GO will display a message on the aircraft status screen.

Reactions: flyboy73
You just need to link the remote controller to the Phantom -- like this:

If the remote controller firmware needs to be updated, DJI GO will display a message on the aircraft status screen.
Thanks so much for your info and speedy reply. much appreciated

I don't think it is so easy. P4 has a lot of functions that P3 has not. Than you must load the GO software for the P4 to the RC. But I've been told that it won't go.
Try and let us know.
Andy

So msinger you don’t have to reload the p3p rc software back to the rc to relink it to the p3p after it was linked to the p4?

So msinger you don’t have to reload the p3p rc software back to the rc to relink it to the p3p after it was linked to the p4?
You should if DJI GO prompts you to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4