How to initiate the "Aircraft Initiation" after replacing pn #96 ESC board

Reaction score
I need some advice. I replaced the ESC board and all 4 motors. Then when I power it up, and then go to arm the motors, a little error box shows up and says I have to "Initiate Aircraft" or something to that effect.

When it's new as I recall as long as your tablet was connected to wifi, a box would pop up walking you through the process.

Well it doesn't pop up ! I've tried time and time again, shutting everything down, then starting it back up, tablet and controller first immediately followed by the drone,,,,,but still,,,,nothing !

So, I guess I need to initiate this process manually.......OR.......I'm doing something wrong !

The good news is though.....I'm no longer getting "ESC Errors"...at least not yet.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

I need some advice. I replaced the ESC board and all 4 motors. Then when I power it up, and then go to arm the motors, a little error box shows up and says I have to "Initiate Aircraft" or something to that effect.

When it's new as I recall as long as your tablet was connected to wifi, a box would pop up walking you through the process.

Well it doesn't pop up ! I've tried time and time again, shutting everything down, then starting it back up, tablet and controller first immediately followed by the drone,,,,,but still,,,,nothing !

So, I guess I need to initiate this process manually.......OR.......I'm doing something wrong !

The good news is though.....I'm no longer getting "ESC Errors"...at least not yet.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.
Are you sure it's not "activate aircraft?" That sounds more likely since you said you installed a new main board.
It must be expecting the same activation steps as when the Phantom was new including naming it, etc.

If it were mine, I would try to completely close out the app (not just shutdown the tablet) or perhaps even delete and reinstall the app once I had sync'd my flight records.
If that didn't work, I'd try unplugging and plugging the cable from my mobile device a few times in an effort to launch the activation screen.

I don't seem to recall ever reading about how to manually start the activation process, so what I noted here are only steps that I would try myself without knowing any sure process.
Hopefully someone who knows more than I know will be able to give a more definitive response.

Good luck sir!

Are you sure it's not "activate aircraft?" That sounds more likely since you said you installed a new main board.
It must be expecting the same activation steps as when the Phantom was new including naming it, etc.

If it were mine, I would try to completely close out the app (not just shutdown the tablet) or perhaps even delete and reinstall the app once I had sync'd my flight records.
If that didn't work, I'd try unplugging and plugging the cable from my mobile device a few times in an effort to launch the activation screen.

I don't seem to recall ever reading about how to manually start the activation process, so what I noted here are only steps that I would try myself without knowing any sure process.
Hopefully someone who knows more than I know will be able to give a more definitive response.

Good luck sir!

Thanks, I'll give that a shot, and yes, I believe it did say "Activate Aircraft" now that you mention it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl