how to hold iphone 6 on mobile device holder

Reaction score
I noticed the mobile device holder is too big to hold smaller size phones and also that the dji pilot app only works on landscape mode so what is the solution?

I suppose for a nexus 7 or ipad its ok but what if you have a smaller size phone .. even if you put it vertically the app will only work in landscape mode?

Also any sunshades out yet for this holder? the phantom 2 are not compatible.

Flip the two tabs down in the middle of mount.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Phantom 3's come with minimal paperwork now and especially not a true "manual": 1) Quick Start Guide, 2) Battery Safety Guide, 3) Safety Disclaimer. You have to look VERY closely to find the answer to the OP's question. There are no page numbers in the Quick Start (it's a fold-out) but on the remote diagram, number 8 is named "Small Device Positioning Tabs". That's all you get as far as instructions on mounting something smaller than a tablet. Not so easy to find and thus why the question get's asked a lot.

Phantom 3's come with minimal paperwork now and especially not a true "manual": 1) Quick Start Guide, 2) Battery Safety Guide, 3) Safety Disclaimer. You have to look VERY closely to find the answer to the OP's question. There are no page numbers in the Quick Start (it's a fold-out) but on the remote diagram, number 8 is named "Small Device Positioning Tabs". That's all you get as far as instructions on mounting something smaller than a tablet. Not so easy to find and thus why the question get's asked a lot.
Uhm, those other posts are from May 2015 and there's no difference in what's shipped with the P3's now vs then.... this was quite an old thread... :rolleyes::D

Yep. They have started putting out some quality videos over the past 6 months. Let's hope them keep 'em coming.

I agree with all of you above. My statement was merely to say that if someone was looking for "page 13" as was referenced further above, there is no page 13 or any true manual included with a Phantom. I hope that this is a forum that is welcoming and doesn't answer redundant questions from newbie's with this from above:
"Do people even read the start up guide?, or manual? Page 13 of the start up guide clearly covers this.No wonder the same questions are asked over and over. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have seen this question." F6Rider

There are some people in every forum that like to answer questions like that. Just ignore them and move along :)

Reactions: CCDD and Flys-Lo
I agree with all of you above. My statement was merely to say that if someone was looking for "page 13" as was referenced further above, there is no page 13 or any true manual included with a Phantom.
Yeah, the battery manual I've received with all of my batteries (3 purchased, 1 OEM) do not have the entry about having to run them down to 8% every 20 cycles. I've had people say read the manual as an answer.

Yep. They have started putting out some quality videos over the past 6 months. Let's hope them keep 'em coming.
Yes the videos are pretty good. I watched the ones on unboxing and flight a few times to make sure I knew a bit more on what was different between my P2V+ and P3P. It was helpful and they covered the tabs thing for phones. What they did not cover and there is little reference to is the little piece of foam on the gimbal! Thankfully I saw threads about that before buying the P3P. The kicker is the foam almost looks like it belongs.

Flys-Lo, you joined this forum just to respond to a thread that is 8 month old? Are you training to become a necromancer? :p

Hmm. No. I found this site AFTER reading everything that came with my P3Pro and not finding all the answers to my questions. Yes, I'm one of those guys who reads up on, researches and watches all the videos before even buying something. Then I read all the instructions before even charging the first battery. When I found the included material lacking I went back to google and started looking for answers. One of those questions led me to this thread, old as it is. If I found it that easily I'm certain that others will too and just wanted to let others know that there is no 13+ page manual that comes with the product as was written above. (on the forums I run it's not uncommon for threads to be resurrected years later - so believe me, I get your concern)

Good that you do lots of research, just that we prefer people not to resurrect old threads as they will make the forum appear messy and confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic