How to hold iPad mini on controller?

Reaction score
I am going to be getting the DJI phantom 3 standard soon, and I intend to use my iPad mini 1 with it. I know the standard clip it comes with will not work with the iPad. Looking on Amazon I see there are many different things that will make the iPad mini work with it. Does anybody have any recommendations? Amazon reviews aren't very helpful, since it seems like people have mixed experiences with them.
To me, this seems like the best idea
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014NGKNIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_MYd-wbTTWJ7XH
I'm really hoping the iPad mini will be powerful enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will not solve your problem... I have already tried one of these for £4 off eBay. The bar is too short so the antenna on the remote can't be pointed up. Plus it's not stable enough to hold my iPad mini.

9e8616adb14f3efd7118465db08ed4b1.jpg

FPV monitor mount with Square Jelly tablet holder. It fit my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find a permanent option here or some removable mounting options here.

9e8616adb14f3efd7118465db08ed4b1.jpg

FPV monitor mount with Square Jelly tablet holder. It fit my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm probably going to end up doing this, though it's a bit pricey at about $25 for the tablet mount and FPV monitor mount.

The original iPad mini will not work, it does not have a strong enough processor for the live video feed.
This is what I fear. Id like to at least try it, and if it does not work well, then I will have to use my iPhone 5c (Im not very confident in its capabilities either though).

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm probably going to end up doing this, though it's a bit pricey at about $25 for the tablet mount and FPV monitor mount.

This is what I fear. Id like to at least try it, and if it does not work well, then I will have to use my iPhone 5c (Im not very confident in its capabilities either though).
You can also buy the offical inspire 1 holder with a custom P3S mount but that will cost you at least $45+. This option is cheaper and gives you more flexibility. It allows you to mount any tripod ready FPV monitor on it. You can also put the square jelly ipad holder on any tripod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers