How to get gimbal stick working on X1 with phone connected?

Reaction score
Hi,

just got my gimbal stick and installed it. works fine except whne phone is connected. I read on the ebay and did their instructions, but still not working.

Re: How to get gimbal stick working on X1 with phone connect

butters149 said:
Hi,

just got my gimbal stick and installed it. works fine except whne phone is connected. I read on the ebay and did their instructions, but still not working.

Get the latest firmware phantom assist 3.6 from the dji website.
Read before upgrading the zen imu as this may render the x1/ch7 absolute mode useless.

If you have done the upgrade then you may need to calibrate the x1 ch7 in the phantom assist.

Oh ok, I did click the naza button but you are talking about the transmitter button right? Also should I switch back to vision mode or leave it at h3-3d?

By the way all firmware is up to date

4wd said:
It sounds like you need check the assistant button to switch from basic to upgrade mode.
How yours is behaving now is how it always was before latest assistant and firmware.
In my view this is not correct. Basic mode is for original Tx with absoluut tilt lever for the gimbal and upgrade mode is for new Tx with relative weal-tilter.

In the upgrade mode it will think it has to do with a new Tx with weal tilter, so the old type of tilt leve (gimbal stich) will not be recognised as such and will therefor not work properly anymore.

aartsf said:
In the upgrade mode it will think it has to do with a new Tx with weal tilter, so the old type of tilt leve (gimbal stich) will not be recognised as such and will therefor not work properly anymore.
Not true. I learned this by experimentation. In "Basic Version," without the zenmuse gimbal upgrade, the rear-mounted tilt lever will provide absolute tilt until the Vision app is activated. In "Upgrade Version," the rear-mounted tilt lever will provide absolute tilt to the gimbal, even after the Vision app is activated, as long as you have not upgraded the gimbal software. I avoided that upgrade, but it is my understanding that once you do that upgrade, there is no going back.

I have not yet flown with my bird in this mode, and I want to recalibrate everything in "Upgrade Version" mode before I do, but I can confirm that the motors will start in that mode, and the gimbal will operate with an absolute tilt while the Vision app is running, and with the FPV screen clearly showing the tilt.

Thanks Werz for sharing your on hands experience that helps us all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31