How to get better video - Assistance requested please

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09nHe0BfcY0

Here's the details

1. DJI Phantom
2. Graupner Props I believe are balanced
3. Shot at 1080pm-60 or 2.7K 30 with GoPro Hero 3 Black
4. Stabilized in Premiere Pro CS6 - no cropping or scaling
5. Imported into a 720p timeline and re-sized.

I have a gumball and an ISO mount, but I don't think the ISO mount is helping much it is the VGE version. I am also using some Moon Gel around the camera.

Here's a pic of my set up.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make some $$ with this set up in the real estate market this summer.

Darren

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 789
Hello,
Seeing your setup, i guess the quality will improve if change your servo based gimbal for a brushless motor based one.
There are some good (cheaper) options for begin with.
Tarot, Arris CM2000 or expensive line as DJI ZenMuse.
Juan Manuel. (I bet my money to Arris CM2000 and I'm happy with its performance and just Plug and Play)

CameraGuy said:
I think my issue is vibration. Do you feel your gimbal removes that?

Darren
Arris has a good isolation structure with rubber grommets an 2 FC layers. But the better solution is balancing proppellers and motors. In addition shooting videos at high speed (and sunlight / bright environments).

you definitely have jello caused by vibrations. I would double check the balance of your props and motors. I've bought a couple of "pre-balanced" props before, only to have to balance them myself. the places we buy our props from will get it close enough, but that's not good enough to eliminate jello in videos. i would also add a thin layer of moon gel or rubber between the gimbal plate and the phantom itself. this will help isolate vibrations down to just the two screws holding the gimbal to the phantom.

My computer is down right now so I can't show comparative video, but I have used both the woven wire nomojello jello mount (ebay) and the rubber ball carbon plate mount, with out a gimbal. Scotch tape balanced props, 1080p 60 fps. The rubber ball transmits a high frequency jitter which is evident on the edges and is very annoying. The wire mount is much stabler. Both clean up quite a bit in Final Cut Pro but the wire mount has less jello bending at the edges. The wire mount can be adjusted to a looser or tighter, ie firmer, weave. I found the tighter weave a bit more difficult to enable, requiring strong tweezers, a pair of pliers of hold the wire etc, but did a better job of tempering the vibration. My vote is in the wire nomojello jello mount.

I am using the rubber ball mount, but the key is still balancing the props - yes with scotch tape, and then also I have found using an ND filter will help the GoPro perform better.

The PolarPro filters I talked about in another thread are quite good.

D

Roadkilt said:
I'm not a big fan of the rubber balls, check out my video test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NcsZqqCDGQ&sns=em

As I posted on your YouTube page, nice video. Well done and the comparison is excellent.

Oh, and the rubber balls keep coming off if you have a rough landing. I have since tied the two carbon fiber plates together using Rubber bands. It does seem to help

I am going to install a brushless Gimbal this week, so I don't know that I can make use of the wire mount if I were to purchase one.

Darren

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4