How to get above 120 metres

Reaction score
Im a bit of a novice, but my phantom will only go to 120 metres, I have been into the settings and changed it to 500 metres but it just goes back to 120 metres.
Would anyone be able to tell me how to get it to fly to 500 metres please.

is beginner mode turned off

Also, are you talking about height? If you are in the U.S., 120 meters (400 feet) is your max height per FAA regulations and can't be exceeded. Horizontally, check to make sure max distance is not turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yes nick you can set it higher in the us I have mine set at 475 feet

for the fun of it

I'm in the US, and I have gone above 400 feet just by changing the number in the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@flpholt, did you ever get the new P3S? Or did you just get that other brand you have posted about?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
y
20160427_153022.jpg
es got new one plus another one too here are the sisters

Reactions: Nickster
Shorni, if you have set the max height to 500 meters in DJI Go, the P3 should happily climb there. I have been up to 200 meters just to test it, but above that altitude things just get smaller and not so much fun. Also I tend to get weak signal warnings, which creeps me out.

Shorni, if you have set the max height to 500 meters in DJI Go, the P3 should happily climb there. I have been up to 200 meters just to test it, but above that altitude things just get smaller and not so much fun. Also I tend to get weak signal warnings, which creeps me out.

Thanks, I set it to 500 and when everything is switched on it reverts back to 120.
It's driving me insane !
I just want to climb a bit higher as I can then see a mountain range in the distance

Thanks, I set it to 500 and when everything is switched on it reverts back to 120

Just ruling out the obvious here, you do have the Phantom switched on and connected BEFORE you are modifying the altitude/distance lmitations, right?

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
I have tried every which way possible. I'll try again doing as you say.... When it stops raining !
I'll let you know and thanks for the help

Well, you don't have to actually fly, just switch everything on and establish the link between the remote and the aircraft.

When the status bar says "Ready to Fly", enter the Main Cotroller Settings (MCS) in the DJI Go app and change the distance/altitude limitations. Close MCS to store your settings in the aircraft, switch everything off, and then on once more. In MCS you should now be able to see the correctly stored changes.

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
Thank you very much I'll try that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik