How to Force Firmware Upgrade

Reaction score
I have tried to upgrade the firmware from the 1.07.0060 firmware and it did not work. Now I can get the drone to fly but no camera functions. I thought a newer firmware 1.08.0080 might help. But I can not get the drone to upgrade. It does nothing when I put the card in with the new firmware. I have tried to format from the app but it says there is no card there. I have tried several cards.
What is the method to force the drone to do a firmware upgrade. I thought it was pushing the side button while turning on the battery until it started beeping but that has not worked.
I think my only hope is to get a new camera. Please help....

Thank you

I had a failed upgrade as well. RC had a solid light blue light. I tried everything on this forum. I even used online chat with DJI. Nothing worked. One guy (on this forum) said he used DJI GO app 2.30. I finally found a place to download 2.30. Didn't work. What he forgot to mention was that he used an older tablet or cell that had DJI Go 2.30 already installed on it. Then he hooked it up to his RC and was able to re-download, and re-install the upgrade. I did the same because I originally had the DJI Go app on my cell phone. I hooked it up to my RC, went through the process ( a couple of retry's) and it finally took and now I'm flying again (but be patient). So, if you think all is lost. Try this and if you don't have a cell phone with DJI Go app on it, download it, install it, and then try it. If you don't have an extra cell, tablet or anything, borrow one and install the app. The best to you.

First you need to check why your card is not getting detected. Take the card out and check it on your Mac/pc.

Once you are sure your card is working you have two choices: upgrade the FW or downgrade the FW. Download the FW from DJI site and insert the card into p3. Switch it on and check if the upgrade starts. You got to ensure that FW file name is correct.

Let's know if that works else you may need to downgrade it.

I had a failed upgrade as well. RC had a solid light blue light. I tried everything on this forum. I even used online chat with DJI. Nothing worked. One guy (on this forum) said he used DJI GO app 2.30. I finally found a place to download 2.30. Didn't work. What he forgot to mention was that he used an older tablet or cell that had DJI Go 2.30 already installed on it. Then he hooked it up to his RC and was able to re-download, and re-install the upgrade. I did the same because I originally had the DJI Go app on my cell phone. I hooked it up to my RC, went through the process ( a couple of retry's) and it finally took and now I'm flying again (but be patient). So, if you think all is lost. Try this and if you don't have a cell phone with DJI Go app on it, download it, install it, and then try it. If you don't have an extra cell, tablet or anything, borrow one and install the app. The best to you.
Interesting.

Whenever I upgrade DJI GO, I save the old version into a separate folder on the computer so it would be possible to go back if necessary. Sounds like you've discovered another reason why it might be necessary.

Which version of the firmware do you have installed on your Phantom and remote controller now? Which version are you trying to install?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic