how to fly in manual mode (video)

Reaction score
At first I wasn't going to post this because it's just one big failed attempt at a manual mode tutorial but I figured someone might enjoy it, and if it actually helps you out, well, that's even better, and yes, there's a crash. :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxRaa-U-MXQ[/youtube]

I'm really surprised you were able to control it that well in manual mode. I fly a number of smaller quads in manual and I'm very comfortable with all of the fine adjustments you have to make, intuitively, while flying. It becomes second nature after a while. I wonder if flying the Phantom in manual mode is similar... Maybe I'll try it... with someone else's Phantom... ;)

Seriously, I'm considering buying a used Phantom to fly as a beater. There's no way I'll take enough chances with my P2V with RP gimbal to be able to climb much further up the learning curve... :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I'm really surprised you were able to control it that well in manual mode. I fly a number of smaller quads in manual and I'm very comfortable with all of the fine adjustments you have to make, intuitively, while flying. It becomes second nature after a while. I wonder if flying the Phantom in manual mode is similar... Maybe I'll try it... with someone else's Phantom... ;)

Seriously, I'm considering buying a used Phantom to fly as a beater. There's no way I'll take enough chances with my P2V with RP gimbal to be able to climb much further up the learning curve... :D

-slinger

It's very tricky to get the hang of, and as you can see from the video I'm far from mastering it myself. It's kinda like trying to balance on a ball or something like that, you have to keep giving small adjustments and if you go too far over you'll go right into the ground. As long as you have orientation control down, and a steady hand, you should be ok, and always be ready to flip it over to gps if things get too out of control.

A good watch, and good flying :) Was pretty much in the dark about how manual mode works. A bit less so now but I'm still not man enough to try it!

gunslinger said:
...I wonder if flying the Phantom in manual mode is similar... Maybe I'll try it... with someone else's Phantom...

slinger
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj