How to fly by the seat of your pants?

Reaction score
So I was wondering if there is a way to turn on the remote and P3 and immediately take off and fly manually. Kind of like you do with a Hubsan or similar unit? It would be nice to have a bit of gyro-stabilization and maybe a little height help.

Yes that ^
..... Make sure you enable Multiple Flight Mode in the app before flipping the switch

you need to learn it. it will save you from the flyway that can occur in GPS mode

I guess all the times I have tried atti mode indoors (read no GPS lock at all) it has not been in Multiple Flight mode. And speaking of which, seems like the programmable buttons changed around the other day... humm.

its called atti mode. it's in the manual

Wrong.

ATTI is still far from Manual mode. ATTI is like an intermediate step between GPS and Manual.

On Phantom 3s, there no longer is the option to fly manual. On P1 and P2, we had all 3 modes, GPS, ATTI, and Manual. There are videos out there of people flying Manual and doing flips and rolls. Or very quick descents. Example;

Wrong.

ATTI is still far from Manual mode. ATTI is like an intermediate step between GPS and Manual.

On Phantom 3s, there no longer is the option to fly manual. On P1 and P2, we had all 3 modes, GPS, ATTI, and Manual. There are videos out there of people flying Manual and doing flips and rolls. Or very quick descents. Example;

It's as close as you are going to get on the P3.....chief

"It would be nice to have a bit of gyro-stabilization and maybe a little height help."

atti mode is all she's got captain.

"It would be nice to have a bit of gyro-stabilization and maybe a little height help."

OK, so I have the P3 on the table and have the Multiple flight mode enabled and switch in atti, P3 says it is in atti. I have a "compass error, please move the aircraft or calibrate the compass"
No engine start on CSC instead I get "compass error, calibration required"

Any way around this problem, well besides following the instructions? After getting leaving the Navy I vowed not to follow instructions anymore. lol

I have done this many times before and have always resorted to taking the bird out in the parking lot and waiting for a GPS lock. There must be a way around it though.

OK, so I have the P3 on the table and have the Multiple flight mode enabled and switch in atti, P3 says it is in atti. I have a "compass error, please move the aircraft or calibrate the compass"
No engine start on CSC instead I get "compass error, calibration required"

Any way around this problem, well besides following the instructions? After getting leaving the Navy I vowed not to follow instructions anymore. lol

I have done this many times before and have always resorted to taking the bird out in the parking lot and waiting for a GPS lock. There must be a way around it though.
it's because it's on your table. go outside in the yard and see. If the mod value is not around 1500, do a calibration. When it sit my phantom on my center island in the kitchen, compass goes haywire.

parking lots have rebar. Try to calibrate over soil.

If the compass is way off, then no. You'll have to calibrate it. I wouldn't be working around compass errors. There's a reason it won't let you start. what does mod value say?
Finally reset a couple times and moved the bird around the table, now mod is running 1100-1200.

IMU error now, still no start.

Finally reset a couple times and moved the bird around the table, now mod is running 1100-1200.

IMU error now, still no start.
that's why it won't initialize. Mod value is off. It will take off on you if you don't fix it.

I think that you need to get a good compass reading outside and then you can bring it indoors and put it in atti mode. Why don't you try turning everything off and then booting the remote in atti mode on the switch.

Atti is as close to GPS as it can be, and far far away from manual, private... :)
in manual its almost impossible to even stay in the air without a huge experience, you have to counterbalance every move of a stick, and a phantom doesn't glide, it's a brick. (a plastic brick but brick anyway):)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20